Is Alan Green leaving the BBC?

Bryon Butler and Peter Jones were the main radio commentators when I was growing up.

Peerless.
Mine were Maurice Eddlestone and Bryon Butler. Peter Jones joined tgem and he was superb. I'm not a great fan of any of today's commentators to be honest, though I think there a few City supporters in the BBC TV commentators pool.

Back to topic. Can't stand him.

watching MLS Atlanta Utd v Colorado Rapids and who pops up, Mr Green as the anchor man on the TV. It was bad enough having to listen to him in the past, never mind watching.

watching MLS Atlanta Utd v Colorado Rapids and who pops up, Mr Green as the anchor man on the TV. It was bad enough having to listen to him in the past, never mind watching.
Hope they used a wide angle lens when filming him.

Not had the **** on the radio for what must be 2/3 years, always moaning like fuck about the standard of the game, the cold, etc.

Tell you what Green, you're doing a job that millions of footie fans would love to do, if you don't like it piss off.

Hates him well before his Manchester City, Champions League, laugh comment.

This sums up my feelings perfectly. His whinging makes me turn off the radio whenever he is on and I am sure that I am not alone in that. I cannot see how his bosses can think he is worth employing but, given the other tw@s stealing a living in the media, I should not be surprised.

He Is in the same mould as Boycott and Trueman.
Always whining on about their respective modern games bring poor but at least the other two had played at the top level unlike the fat twat Green.

First time I ever appeared on the radio was on BBC Radio Manchester at the stadium before a Monday night game.

So I'm sat with Jimmy Wagg at the back of the media area on Level 1, we go live, he asks me a question then gets up and goes to talk to Chris Bailey & Ian Cheeseman who are stood behind us. So I'm sat there on my own blabbering away and it's an entirely new experience because you can't see who you're talking to and there's loads of things going on around to distract you. Jimmy seems to have forgotten I'm there so I'm getting into my stride when Alan Green appears a couple of yards in front of me and I notice he's got the weirdest shaped head I'd ever seen and a shocking pudding basin haircut to go with it. Actually it was more like someone had stuck a pyramid shaped vase on his head and given him a haircut round that

Looking at that was bad enough on its own but at a place I used to work we had a running joke about people with funny shaped heads that used to reduce us to tears of helpless laughter and that just popped into my head.

I was about to say something like "WTF is that?" and burst out laughing when I remember I'm live on the radio and supposed to be talking about the accounts. Fortunately Jimmy came back a few moments later and resumed the conversation.

He Is in the same mould as Boycott and Trueman.
Always whining on about their respective modern games bring poor but at least the other two had played at the top level unlike the fat twat Green.

No, no, no. Green is much worse
When a match is being played and he's commentating, that's what he should do describe the action and leave the analysis to the former player/manager sitting with him. But Green can't do that as he's an opinionated prick
As for any phone ins he hosts, well I'm out

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.