Is anyone else not getting excited?

Not sure what you mean?

Of course you dont.

tenor.gif

Why?? This is our worst start for 3 seasons
Lol :-)

Another weird way of looking at it is sometimes winning isn't all it seems. 2 seasons ago, we won a cup, but everyone seemed universally pissed off because as a squad, we were on a steady downward trajectory.

Even with that ridiculous 'Worst start in 3 years' stat, the fact everyone can see an upward curve of progression will bring optimism & a bit of leeway for the odd negative result.

Football's a funny old game innit! :-)

Lol :-)

Another weird way of looking at it is sometimes winning isn't all it seems. 2 seasons ago, we won a cup, but everyone seemed universally pissed off because as a squad, we were on a steady downward trajectory.

Even with that ridiculous 'Worst start in 3 years' stat, the fact everyone can see an upward curve of progression will bring optimism & a bit of leeway for the odd negative result.

Football's a funny old game innit! :-)

Yep. Although we won the first 5 games in both of the last 5 seasons I think the weaknesses were obvious and it was just a matter of time before they bit us on the arse

This season feels different

Yep. Although we won the first 5 games in both of the last 5 seasons I think the weaknesses were obvious and it was just a matter of time before they bit us on the arse

It is only our worst start points wise.
If anyone had told me before the season started that we would be 2 points worse off than last season, however, we would draw against Everton with 10 men for over half the game, blow Liverpool away 5-0 and beat a previously unbeaten team, on their own patch, 6-0 - I would have said yesss.
If I had been told that we would be playing such superb football, that even opposition fans would be praising us, I would have said yesss.
And if someone had said, even though our football was superb as it is, that it is sustainable and is going to become even more formidable , I would have said yessss!

Absolutely. Some fans live from match to match whereby I prefer to l look at trends, patterns & frequency. What Pep is doing makes absolute sense, which is something we've not been able to say for several seasons.

I still believe we have a long way to go, we still need a LB, CB, CDM & a Forward. We have 3-4 ageing players that decisions need to be made about their futures, so our squad situation remains very fluid which I'm cool with. I believe we need one more major revolutionary window & from then on, subsequent windows only need to be evolutionary.

As it stands it's our progression that pleases me most. The results are great, but ensuring they are built on solid rock & not shifting sand, is most important to me which is why the odd minor domestic trophy wouldn't sway my long term outlook. As we've seen recently, it ends up being a spike on an otherwise downward slope.

Last edited:
It is only our worst start points wise.
If anyone had told me before the season started that we would be 2 points worse off than last season, however, we would draw against Everton with 10 men for over half the game, blow Liverpool away 5-0 and beat a previously unbeaten team, on their own patch, 6-0 - I would have said yesss.
If I had been told that we would be playing such superb football, that even opposition fans would be praising us, I would have said yesss.
And if someone had said, even though our football was superb as it is, that it is sustainable and is going to become even more formidable , I would have said yessss!
Are you the man from delmonte?

Btw good post!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.