Is anyone else not getting excited?

Last season after the 10 wins from 10 games or whatever it was I wasn't convinced. I told everybody if teams attacked us we would struggle & nobody wanted to know. We had beaten Bucharest twice, needed an own goal to see off Sunderland at home who eventually got relegated & we played nobody of any real pedigree during that time. Yes we played & beat United but they was crap. This season however I am very very excited & confident. We have put 4 past Feyanoord away who would see off teams like Bucharest. We have smashed a decent team in Watford away. West Bromwich hadn't lost at home till we turned up. We put 5 past Liverpool and I think we would have put 5 past them 11 Vs 11 anyway. We have improved our full backs got a new better goalkeeper in. The start of this season in my opinion is not even comparable with the start of last season.

Last edited:
I actually forgot we were better off last season points wise, the difference is, we are better equipped to sustain our high intensity and quality, the team looks so well balanced this season and 100% more solid defensively, so chuffed with City so far, outstanding.... !

That 52 pass sequence leading up to our first goal last night was simply incredible. So Barca-like and Barca at their prime, at that.

That 52 pass sequence leading up to our first goal last night was simply incredible. So Barca-like and Barca at their prime, at that.
Yes it was pretty impressive and should have had more press coverage. Leeds completed 39 passes so is that a record from us?

I think bits yesterday showed we have to rotate the first team a bit more. Some combinations, like Bernardo and Danilo just looked a bit out of sync, naturally because they haven't played much together. I believe it's worth giving a bit more game time to second string partnerships so that they're more reliable when called upon.

Tricky decision when the first team's in the form it is though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.