IS Attacking Egypt, Air Force Scrambled

I would go anywhere, but my family is different, I couldn't justify putting them at risk, they can shoot an old dog like me, i'v lived most of my life:)
Me too, mind you I don't fancy booking into the Raqqa Dignitas clinic just yet ;)

Latest Twitter and Al Jazeera reports are that emergency services, fleeing civilians and arriving Egyptian forces are under heavy shelling and are being badly hindered by IS mines and booby traps. Looks like a highly organised and co-ordinated attack by a group called Sinai Province, who have sworn allegiance to IS and have seized North Sinai's 2nd largest population centre. Clashes continue and the situation is developing.

a954276e1f6b435c8a024f9d1a0c33f2_18.jpg

I agree, plus all Nato members, and as many other allies that can be gathered. We all know about the mistakes in Iraq and Afghanistan, and the resultant shambles that ensued, but now is not the time to be crying over spilt milk, this odious death cult that is spreading it's tentacles ever wider just has to be annihilated, and this means, regrettably, boots on the ground, and in great numbers. If IS can be erased militarily, although not stopping other terror attacks immediately, it will certainly dishearten those in western countries who support them.

Agreed mate. Looks like boots on the ground is becoming our only option. It's all very well David Cameron saying the UK has carried out over 300 air strikes, more than any other country except the US (6000), but despite this aerial bombardment ISIS still defeated the Iraqi army at Ramadi, and the Syrian army at Palmyra. We could also do with cutting our ties with Saudi Arabia who covertly back the death cult, and who are now bombing Yemen, opening the door to ISIS.

Last edited:
I did warn OakieKokie not to book a holiday to Egypt months ago, not heard off him on the forum for Weeks, just hope he's not gone there
We`ve just cancelled our Egypt hols for Feb mate (only lost £150 deposit) and now re-booked for Cuba.Feel a little more relaxed now.Our main concern was being on the Nile Trip not so much about being in Hurgada.

We`ve just cancelled our Egypt hols for Feb mate (only lost £150 deposit) and now re-booked for Cuba.Feel a little more relaxed now.Our main concern was being on the Nile Trip not so much about being in Hurgada.

Given the trouble in the region, you shouldn't be losing any money at all imo.

No way will the hotel or airline have received any money as yet and the travel company have just pocketed that cash for fuck all.

I certainly wouldn't have rebooked with them.

Which hotel have you booked?
We`re going back to the hotel where we stayed on our first trip there ... Playa Costa Verde in Playa Pesquero.Only £2100 for both of us.Would have loved to have gone back to where we stayed for our daughters wedding last year,but its a bit steep at double the cost of this one.But hey,at least we`ve got piece of mind ... assuming the Yanks don`t go in there. ;)

Given the trouble in the region, you shouldn't be losing any money at all imo.

No way will the hotel or airline have received any money as yet and the travel company have just pocketed that cash for fuck all.

I certainly wouldn't have rebooked with them.
You lose any deposit anywhere unless the Home Office have warned Holiday Companies that that particular area should be "out of bounds".Sooner give up £150 between me me and the missus,than worry for the next 7 months.Money can be replaced,lives can`t.I`ve always been of the opinion that we should never give in to wankers like ISIS.However Tunisia has made us have a rethink ... and today in Egypt was the straw that broke the camels back.

We`re going back to the hotel where we stayed on our first trip there ... Playa Costa Verde in Playa Pesquero.Only £2100 for both of us.Would have loved to have gone back to where we stayed for our daughters wedding last year,but its a bit steep at double the cost of this one.But hey,at least we`ve got piece of mind ... assuming the Yanks don`t go in there. ;)

Looks nice mate. I've only been to Varadero and Havana myself (twice). In before the yanks : )

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.