Is following City value for money?

Football doesn't interest me like it used to. I did all home and away games when younger, but now if someone gave me a free ticket to the away games, I wouldn't go to some of them. When I work all week and only get 23 days holiday, the days off are too precious to spend a lot of them at football especially those games that take the whole day with travel. I went to Dortmund a few years ago and enjoyed it but wouldn't rush to go to another. The final is in the Ukraine next year and I wouldn't go to that on cost grounds. You get used to new routine whatever that is. I don't miss away games in the slightest now. Still do the odd one when I feel like it but doesn't bother me if I cant get tickets. I don't watch much football on TV anymore either. Other teams don't interest me. Still go to most of the home games including cups though so not completely lost the bug.

I can see why it appeals to those who have friends who go regularly though. Big part of my lads social life and he would completely take the opposite view. He is what I was 25 years ago.

It'd be really interesting to hear from a blue that has decided to give it up and spend their money on other things. So for example someone who still has the freedom and the money to book holidays and trips away pretty much whenever. Do you sit in the bar in say Prague having paid only £80 for return flights and watch City play in Turin, Munich or somewhere wishing you were in Turin, Munich or wherever just because it's City that are there?

Posted my last reply to the thread before seeing Millwall's post.

The thing about the holiday entitlement is a good point. I only get 20 days currently although I can have unpaid leave if I want it. I also work away a lot as I'm a HGV driver so my weekends and holiday leave are all pretty spent with my wife. So, with working away a lot and the low amount of annual leave I get I'm getting to a point where us driving to London, Southampton or wherever for an away game at a weekend is becoming less appealing, especially when I can watch it at home or at the pub fro a fraction of the cost it involves in tickets & travel.

I used to hate the thought of not going to away games but I'm leaning more towards the thought of being happy enough going to the home games thus giving me far more freedom and choice with my holidays, with the view to taking advantage of some of the deals I see about that evaporate as soon as a football match is confirmed for that week.

Trouble is, will I be sipping my Czech beer in Prague on Wednesday night watching City play Atletico Madrid away in the bar, smiling at the wife, pretending I don't give a toss but underneath I'm raging at being so fucking stupid as this beer, as nice as it is, and my wife as lovely as she is and this City being as lovely as it is simply does not compete with going to the game??????????????

I can go along with it being you're first trip abroad watching your nation,but looking forward to it more than any City home game last season ??? I firmly believe you'll be in a minority there mate,club before country every bloody day,no comparison whatsoever

I felt let down and jaded by those draws to Everton, Southampton and Middlesbrough along with the defeat to Chelsea. It honestly felt like a chore after that.

Wales are a special country to support. The spirit and togetherness is second to none. I no longer get that vibe from City tbh.

I felt let down and jaded by those draws to Everton, Southampton and Middlesbrough along with the defeat to Chelsea. It honestly felt like a chore after that.

Wales are a special country to support. The spirit and togetherness is second to none. I no longer get that vibe from City tbh.

The buzz will return mate,now as you got your old seat back,come on now lad !!!

Posted my last reply to the thread before seeing Millwall's post.

The thing about the holiday entitlement is a good point. I only get 20 days currently although I can have unpaid leave if I want it. I also work away a lot as I'm a HGV driver so my weekends and holiday leave are all pretty spent with my wife. So, with working away a lot and the low amount of annual leave I get I'm getting to a point where us driving to London, Southampton or wherever for an away game at a weekend is becoming less appealing, especially when I can watch it at home or at the pub fro a fraction of the cost it involves in tickets & travel.

I used to hate the thought of not going to away games but I'm leaning more towards the thought of being happy enough going to the home games thus giving me far more freedom and choice with my holidays, with the view to taking advantage of some of the deals I see about that evaporate as soon as a football match is confirmed for that week.

Trouble is, will I be sipping my Czech beer in Prague on Wednesday night watching City play Atletico Madrid away in the bar, smiling at the wife, pretending I don't give a toss but underneath I'm raging at being so fucking stupid as this beer, as nice as it is, and my wife as lovely as she is and this City being as lovely as it is simply does not compete with going to the game??????????????

Dinho didn't speak a word of english but was doing interviews in fluent english 3 months later,if the club tells them when they join they are expected to learn the language then that's what the need to do,they get paid enough to learn some english in return

Nothing wrong with having balance! Of course you will miss it but if you cut down rather then give up, you could well be all the better for it. Appreciate the ones you go to, rather then going to them all wondering if your time/ money could be spent more wisely.

Have you been a regular home and away match goer before and just stopped because of finances? If so, did you bemoan and ask yourself whether you should spend your time and money on other things?

I've been a fairly regular match goer ever since I started following City. I'm 26 and work in music which isn't the most affluent of industries, but any extra disposable income I get will usually go towards City. The more I have, the more City games I'll go to.

I'm never unhappy paying the money to go to games, but I'm sure we all agree it's overpriced, throughout the league.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.