Is following City value for money?

Some right mard arses on here, if you don't want to pay don't go if you don't enjoy don't go, if you don't like the travel don't go, I still love to watch my team after 50 years can't afford to go to most aways so I watch on tv, is it value for money well yes if it wasnt why would we all do it.

I felt let down and jaded by those draws to Everton, Southampton and Middlesbrough along with the defeat to Chelsea. It honestly felt like a chore after that.

Wales are a special country to support. The spirit and togetherness is second to none. I no longer get that vibe from City tbh.

Special country, in the last few seasons since they've been half decent you mean, they could hardly muster 10,000 for a home game a few seasons ago.
Following a successful club team is a very expensive hobby

Yes, For me it is anyway. Two season tickets in the family stand for under 500 quid is good value in my most humble of opinion. My daughters works out at a 5er a game and mines about 20.. when you look at the talent on that pitch then that is an absolute Pete Beale. However, the club is letting us supporters down badly in the refreshments dept. The prices, queues, service(on the whole) and standard of food on offer is crap. And before somebody pipes up with 'don't buy owt then'.. I don't! Due to these factors. Ticket rating value 9.5/10. Food n drink 2/10. And I'm being generous. CTID

I used to go home away and europe watching city until 2 seasons ago, last season was the first year I didnt do a single away (besides utd in the cup) since I was a kid. The cost is ridiculous and to be honest they started to interest me less and less, the atmosphere in our away ends was getting worse game by game.

I've got a cheap season ticket now and just meet up with the lads in town for a few beers at home games rather than trekking halfway across the country, i've also started going on more holidays with the money saved, like you say 2/3 days following city or a week all inclusive on by the pool. I don't know how much is down to loss of interest and how much is down to cost but im not even tempted.

The buzz will return mate,now as you got your old seat back,come on now lad !!!

Cheers bud. I got shunted out of 216 by the corporate bit and decided to go down a level for some atmos. Decent lad from Blackley next to me the season before last so I'm unsure why I relocated. The last few months under Pellegrini nearly sucked the life out of me.

Apologies if I sounded like a miserable **** but I'd been a bit jaded for a while. Still, Serbia tomorrow and 2500 Taffs getting pissed up in Belgade. My goodness are we going to have some fun!

To be honest how we perform on the pitch doesn't really come into my thinking when I'm thinking about how much I or will potentially spend.

I suppose this was more of a way for me to try to get an opinion from those that simply feel that there are better ways to spend your money because it is in general very expensive supporting a top team in the Premier League.

I've thought in the past that there isn't a better way to go and see pretty much all of Europe, but since us having done countless European trips since our 1st being Santander in whenever that was, I'm thinking that maybe we could still go to loads of place in Europe but without the football being the main reason or motivator for going there.

However, is that transition hard? Do people who've decided to go that way regretted it and gone back to following City in Europe regardless of being absolutely ripped off by airlines etc? It's not the price of the tickets (unless it's Spain) to be fair. It's the cost of flights and hotels that really do you. I've tried to have a budget of around £500 for the flights and hotels but in the vast majority of cases that budget has been forced to increase by upto 50% easily due to flights in-particular increasing.

Last season, the group stage brought us trips to Celtic, Barcelona and Monchengladbach, of which I did Celtic and the pair of us did Gladbach. Celtic doesn't really count as it's just the cost of a domestic away day but 3 days in Dusseldorf/Cologne can be used as an example as to what I'm getting at. I'm not 100% on how much it cost us but I'm fairly sure that at exactly the same time they'd have been flights from Manchester to somewhere else like say Dublin, Prague, Berlin, Paris etc at dirt cheap prices. Now did or does anyone choose to go away to such places at cheap prices instead of going to where City are playing, watch it in a bar while taking in the sites of that City instead of forking out to get to the game? If you do, then have you enjoyed yourself as much or more maybe knowing that you've also not been ripped off by airlines etc?

Don't get me wrong, we had a very nice trip to Dusseldorf and Cologne. The football match was pretty poor though and we'd not be in a rush to watch us play Gladbach again to be honest.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.