Is football about winning or entertainment?

You want both in an ideal world. Fortunately for us it is rather idyllic at the moment and for the foreseeable future. Being shit for years was no fun and the odd promotion back to the prem or whatnot did not really ease it. Having utd as top dogs did not help with that for us specifically either so the winning was desired but a pipe dream.

Now i have tasted victory i would hate to fall away from having at least a chance of it again but would despair if we had Mourinho at the same time.

My final answer is, umm ,err...well it's great being a city fan now and that will do for me :-)

That shite, that Prick in Trafford serves up is no better way to win than what pep delivers. The percentage of winning when playing hoofball is less.

So given the choice of like to see what we are producing now for a long time.

I'd rather lose playing great than lose falling to sleep.

I am enjoying our play again this season so it must be more about entertaining for me.

I haven't really enjoyed watching us much bar the odd few games a season the 3 seasons previously as I found our slow build up play and constant errors at the back extremely frustrating.

I can see why united do what they do. It's their only chance of winning anything as their players are way inferior. For them and many of their fans it is only about winning. They have had 3 4-0's at home though so I guess after 3 years of shite it's better than it was for them!

For me football has never been about the glory of winning cups, back when we were crap I would happily take doing the double over utd (or even just beating them once) ahead of winning a cup that season.

For most, it's about winning. Playing pretty football and winning nowt soon gets boring. (ask Arsenal fans)

The first objective is to win. Then if you have the players/team spirit play better and entertain. Playing with style can have a positive effect on the players and a negative effect on the opposition.

My personal preference is to watch attacking, pretty football. Winning is just a welcome bonus/side effect. Grinding out wins week after week would see me back off. You may as well just check the results on the internet afterwards.
It's weird though. When we were shit, i still enjoyed the football. Yes we lost a lot, but the wins seemed so much more satisfying. I watched the matches with no nerves or expectations. Loads of matches we lost. but i was still happy because we attacked/showed spirit. The 4-3 at the swamp comes to mind.

The journo's supporting PEG's style as the correct way (to win the league), is what is wrong with football. I wonder if the headlines would be the same if we swapped style with the Rags...

Over here in Melbourne we have tried the attacking beautiful path (very badly to be honest) and this season have gone down the more pragmatic approach.

Although its a small sample size so far and knowing us it will turn to rubbish but at this point in time I'm happy to watch a 1:0 boring win than our traditional flakey 3:4 loss.

Having zero success is a major factor.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.