Is it harder watching City now we are succesful??

I'd say the final Pearce season when we couldn't buy a goal at home was the most difficult because the football was unwatchable tripe.

A relegation dog fight can be exciting but, deep down, if you don't want your team to win every match and be the best in the world then you're in the wrong game.

That was my last season before emigrating, clapped them onto the pitch first home game and clapped them off the pitch in the last home game...what a pile of shite

' Harder' is too simpler a word. When you are emotionally involved with anything or anyone it is always hard, that is the price you pay for that attachment, that love. If they suffer you suffer. When we were fighting relegation or vying for promotion it was hard, well more stress, especially as we never seemed to do it the easy way. But it was also exciting.

I remember for me the worst period was when we had sort of established ourselves in the premier league. The gap between ourselves and the top four was huge and seemed insurmountable due to the self perpetuating riches they gained from the champions league. At that time I just felt empty, devoid of hope. That was hard. I carried on going out of loyalty but I knew any decent player we developed would leave and that I would probably never see my club win another trophy again in my lifetime. That was bloody hard and wasn't exciting.

Sure the stress levels are high now but we play some fantastic football, watch world class players every week and are competing for trophies. It is a pleasant exciting hard, if that makes sense?

Is it harder watching Silva ,Agureo and KDB
Compared to Gareth Taylor , Bob Taylor and
Buster Phillips ...

No it is not .

In the old days we went along to the game with hope, now we go along with expectation. That affects how i view things now. I was gutted with the draws with L'pool and Spurs because we are better than them. Back in the day i'd have bitten your hand off for a point against L'pool,or even a goal. Started going in 76 and only ever remember us shipping a bag full against them. So going now is so much better to watch but will never replace the old city when we didnt expect to win but never lost hope.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.