Is it time for City to move on from Kompany & Toure?

When we sign somebody fit to lace Kompanys boots then we can move on. Yaya has more or less already been replaced though I suspect he's still got a role to play before the seasons done.
There's no point in having the best CB in the Prem if he's always in the treatment room.

Personally, I'm tired of always thinking 'If only Kompany was playing'. Nowadays he seems to be more of a hypothetical player than a real life physical one playing for us..

There's no point in having the best CB in the Prem if he's always in the treatment room.

Personally, I'm tired of always thinking 'If only Kompany was playing'. Nowadays he seems to be more of a hypothetical player than a real life physical one playing for us..
Personally I just feel for the bloke rather than wanting him fucked off. He's had a torrid time recently but has enough in the bank for me.

Personally I just feel for the bloke rather than wanting him fucked off. He's had a torrid time recently but has enough in the bank for me.
It's about time Kompany got his priorities straight, he has enough in the bank, but that won't help secure our defence, provide leadership on the pitch or help us win matches unfortunately...

It's about time Kompany got his priorities straight, he has enough in the bank, but that won't help secure our defence, provide leadership on the pitch or help us win matches unfortunately...
He loves to play for his country, I've no issue with that.

If he is fit then he plays prefably with john but i sense we are starting to manage without him,john looks to be stepping up and there are plenty of leaders on the field now

When we sign somebody fit to lace Kompanys boots then we can move on. Yaya has more or less already been replaced though I suspect he's still got a role to play before the seasons done.
Agreed,they are big boots to fill but Delph has stepped up admirably.

Kompany and Toure are making the decision for us at the moment. They both have to be fit and available for selection- doesn't seem like either is at the minute but it's a long season. Strangely Kompany being out seems to have been the making of Stones !

Both need to stay at club in some capacity for years to come but playing wise they both need replacing in the summer vvd and a Alonso type player to replace yaya

I have little problem in Kompany wanting to play for his country (although I wish he would decide to retire from internationals), but I do have a problem (knowing all his past injuries) with him and the Manager of Belgium playing him in matches against poor opponents AND playing him for the full 90 minutes when his side are winning by 6 clear goals. If I was a cinic I would say there was a element of "stuff city " in those decisions. I hope not because I have always believed in Kompany as a legend even if I have little faith in the Belgium management team.

Last edited:
It's a tough decision with both. I was leaning towards parting ways with VK most of last season after so much time out injured, but then he looked back to his absolute best at the end of the season and during the start of the new campaign. If he's truly back shortly, I think we've got to just keep giving him a shot to prove himself over the course of the season. If he battles multiple 5-10 game injuries, we've got to cut him loose. Ideally he'd be willing to retire and step into some sort of coaching or ambassadorial role with the club. I hope he's working on his badges because he obviously has everything to be a great coach and he's expressed interest recently.

Yaya is a total crapshoot. We had the great start without him last season and then went through the down turn in form and he helped get us out of the mire. But we still had that additional spell where nothing was going right and he nor any other player could truly lift us out of the muck. I feel like with the additions we've made and Gabriel hopefully lasting a whole season, we shouldn't ever have to deal with that sort of prolonged poor play. We have the firepower to live without him you'd think but I still feel like he's the kind of player where when you need an absolutely crucial goal.. you want him on the pitch. I guess he is the kind of player where you have to decide if you go ahead and rip the band-aid off or not. It should be clear over the course of the season on which way we have to go.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.