Is it time for City to move on from Kompany & Toure?

On the back of a clean sheet without him its easy to say, but how often do we sit here and say "imagine if Kompany had been fit" he's a class above and theres no way we can move him on until we get a suitable replacement (and even then he's worth keeping)
Too often, and that's the whole point.

Replacing him and Toure properly surely has to be our priority now?

Yaya be gone next season Kompany be still here

Problem is, Yaya should have been moved on years ago, and Kompany should have had a top class replacement (even if we kept Vince too) years ago - so we're behind where we 'should' and could be

Finding the right replacement for Kompany is clearly easier said than done, whereas Toure is now a squad player who is nowhere as important to the team as he has been. If he is not fit enough to play then he isn't going to be getting games , pure and simple, and rightly so imo. Pep won't tolerate a lack of effort - if that is the situation ?

I am sure that the management have been looking for that special player who can provide the team with both the defensive stability and leadership which Kompany provides , but at present , don't appear to identified that so important player.

Pep will be especially irked at the latest injury with Kompany having played in a nothing game for Belgium, but the player has shown previously that international football is his priority , irrespective of the collateral damage it might cause for City. Probably wont help the relationship between manager and player, although if fit, it is to be hoped that Pep isn't too stubborn to ignore Kompany.

I guess the search continues.....................

Hasn't Kompany got a knock, so nothing to do with the series of niggling muscle injuries that has kept him on the sidelines too many games? A knock can happen to anybody and if that is the case I dont understand the link with his injurierecord.

As for Yaya, Pep tried to avoid a discussion in yesterdays interview, but he said at one moment "it depends on Yaya". And that is enough for me to state Yaya is either physically not up to Peps' standards, or there are other issues that are not relatet to his physical state. I don't really buy in to Pep saying it is tactical.

At this moment we miss Kompany; we don't in Yaya's case.

Havent we tried? As the joke goes the club has spent more on defence than most countries in the world yet they sinply cannot replace kompany he is that good. I blame the recruitment more than kompany.

No idea why we never went for VVD when he was at celtic.

I have to say I agree with every single word. Good post.
I have to say I dont and I dont see how you can. The OP is full of speculation and not based in facts. None of us know what the issue with Yaya is, and given his age and the new players we have and the way we intend to play he was only ever going to be a bit part player this season. As for Kompany, who knows what is wrong with him. We are told it is a knock rather than a pull and so until facts say otherwise that is what I will be going on. 'Time to cut Kompany adrift', 'pissed the club off' - the first part is just wrong, no it isnt. And there is nothing really to suggest the second is right other than paper talk. Pissed the fans off, maybe. And the FFP bit is wrong too, we didnt have to keep older players to comply with it at all. We nearly paid tens of millions to buy Sanchez and probably will in January.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.