Is it time to get a big target man?

Nope and it isn't from his sheer striking prowess. He is quick and makes intelligent runs off the ball, that gets him into easier positions to score ( and he still fuvks up a lot ). Vardy can do all of this. People will no doubt misconstrue this as meaning Vardy is better than Sterling, sell Sterling etc. It just means, Vardy is a better finisher who is just as quick, if not faster therefore will be more reliable in front to goal.

You say yes, but the rest of your answer suggests no? Sterling's ability to find space in a crowded box is almost unparalleled. It's much better than Aguero's let alone Vardy's, very few players in the world are able to get opportunities in the box like Sterling does.

Vardy can find room in a box on the end of a counterattack when there's 3 defenders nearby running back towards their goal. Sterling does it when there's 9 defenders in the box and they're set in their defensive shape.

There's a very good reason that as soon as teams started treating Leicester like a big side last season, Vardy stopped scoring with the exception of a few against the top 4 who still pushed up high and didn't drop off to stop Leicester playing their counter attacking game.

Last edited:
Had a purple patch with us but he tailed off towards the end of that first season and has never reproduced the form he showed with us since. We really got the best out of him.

It was the League Cup 'West Ham Shoulder' never the same after that.....

Unless I’m missing something, I think Vardy would be a better fit for Liverpool.

He’s a hard-working speedster who needs space to run into. We seldom are afforded such space because we predominantly play a possession game. I don’t think Vardy’s got the technique to be suited to Pep’s style of play.

You say yes, but the rest of your answer suggests no? Sterling's ability to find space in a crowded box is almost unparalleled. It's much better than Aguero's let alone Vardy's, very few players in the world are able to get opportunities in the box like Sterling does.

Vardy can find room in a box on the end of a counterattack when there's 3 defenders nearby running back towards their goal. Sterling does it when there's 9 defenders in the box and they're set in their defensive shape.

There's a very good reason that as soon as teams started treating Leicester like a big side last season, Vardy stopped scoring with the exception of a few against the top 4 who still pushed up high and didn't drop off to stop Leicester playing their counter attacking game.

I don't doubt Sterling's ability to find space, I think that's one of his main attributes but we are lying to ourselves if we think Vardy can't score the same amount as Sterling, considering we have scored many goals from counter attacks this season. Both chances Sterling missed vs United, Vardy would have buried at least one as those are his bread and butter type runs and finishes. Sterling ain't scoring as many as Vardy in that Leicester side.

The thread is about a target man and we talk about Vardy! He is no taller than what we have right now. If Kun Jesus are not good enough as target man then how do we suggest Vardy as an alternative? Vardy is 5'10"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.