Is it time to get a big target man?

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by GazR, 3 Dec 2017.

1. BlueS

BlueS

is he a big target man?

2. BlueS

BlueS

Bale doesn't really solve anything apart from a super sub appearance here and there thinking about it.

ffs Dzeko

3. BlueMoonz1977

BlueMoonz1977

Bale is injury prone end of.

You are saying Sane and Sterling dont have changing explosive pace - the 2 fastest players in the league. I think what we need to do is adapt sometimes to how we provide the ball to both Sane & Sterling. We need to look at playing the ball from say a deep lying midfielder so that either player can run on too the forward ball. Sometimes we dont do enough of it, for example Sane hugging the touchline but the ball is often a lofted pass that allows at least one defender to get back to stop him running.

4. sirrmattmoo

sirrmattmoo

Sadly I think the unnamed club Is Chelsea. Odds have been slashed, rumours etc

5. decmancity

decmancity

Watching Mandzukic tonight makes a part of me wish we really had an option like him. A real effective target man who doesn't need to start every game but would allow us to change things. Dzeko was in his prime when we had him and having him sat on the bench was never going to work.

Mandzukic doesnt start every game for Juve and we would have to try and find someone who could come and do that for us. Bayern have done the same thing with signing Wagner even though they already have a world class target striker in Lewandowski.

6. Thorin Oakenshield

Thorin Oakenshield

I imagine this is the reason Pep wants Weigl. He can release the 2 wide boys a lot quicker. I feel Weigl could make us a better attacking team but maybe weaken us defensively

7. Trautmann's Chiropractor

Trautmann's Chiropractor

Wouldn’t mind that at all. Actually wish we had signed Llorente for that reason.

8. BlueMoonz1977

BlueMoonz1977

Interesting...i cant comment on Weigl because to be honest i have never seen him play. With Mendy to come back I can possibly see the pairing of Stones & Laporte in pre season with maybe Vinny as the back up. Ota as good as he has been in the first half of the season, those 2 errors are always in his locker especially under pressure and at 30 years old I assume Pep would feel being a seasoned veteran (at that age) he shouldn’t be making those mistakes especially at the level we want to achieve

9. Thorin Oakenshield

Thorin Oakenshield

I see us using a 3-5-2 system more next season. Walker, Stones/Ota, Laporte as the back 3. Mendy and sterling as wide players. KDB,Weigl and Silva/Bernardo in midfield. Upfront 2 of Aguero, Jesus, Sane and sterling. The key is midfield. I can imagine KDB and Silva taking turns to stay back and get forward. If Bernardo plays in midfield then KDB plays alongside Weigl

10. Turner92

Turner92

Bring in Lewandowski