Is it time to get a big target man?

Isn't Lewandowski out of contract in the summer? He'd be quality. When Sergio's time is up in a year or two an all rounder like Kane would be an ideal replacement.

Need to play Bernardo more frequently. They're clearly knackered breaking down 5-4-1 defences week in and week out and are just not quick enough from the off.

Anyone who understands how Pep likes to play would know that a target man has no place in his team

Anyone who understands how Pep likes to play would know that a target man has no place in his team

He's a pragmatist. If he thinks it's necessary in this league then he will adapt. He used Lewandowski to good effect @ Munchen.

Seem to remember the same discussion on here just prior to us getting bony. I was all for it then and thought it made a lot of sense, now I'm dead against.

Fresh pair of legs, or a fresher squad in general, playing the same high intensity attacking game, would be far more effective. If we had an extra quality attacker since September it could have meant more rest time for the others whilst not resulting in a drop in performance.

The issue with getting a big man in is more that you have to change your game to get the ball in to him, and you're playing to the strengths of most premier league defences by lumping it in there. I think a major factor in us getting all these late goals recently is the fact that we retain the ball and keep probing on the edge of their box, if we cross it or lump it forward then good chance it comes to nothing and they get another five minutes to take a goal kick. Keep the ball in possession and the longer they have to concentrate, move, check our movements, foul... Maybe they make a mistake in all this.

I would say however that if this is how it is going to be, then we really need to emphasise a fast start from kick off in our team talks. Get ahead before they settle, make their pre match instructions obsolete whilst they are still finding their places on the grass. That should be Pep's next challenge to the lads - score in ten or less, go all out.

A quality player with a bit of height wouldn’t be a bad option but not many of the required standard. Lewandowski probably the best one out there. Kane, Morata and Aubeyangauangayang possibly good enough but not many after that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.