Is it time to panic yet?

My apologies, I said English football and used Tony Pulis as an example. Tony Pulis is, of course, Welsh.
We will let you off that one blag as it was a good post. Which a lot on here would be wise to study closely. As I have said often before January 2018 is when we should
start to judge how Pep has performed.

If you would've said a Mancini team I'd have agreed, but we were turned over plenty of times under Pellegrini.

I don't particularly disagree with the overall point you are making but Pellegrini had his time and couldn't even add up how many away goals we need to top a group, this slide began under his watch too.

Pep will come good, Pellegrini had his opportunity.
I'm not arguing for Pelegrini, simply saying results that would have been unacceptable under his stewardship with inferior players, should not become excusable under Pep. That's simply illogical.

I like and prefer Pep. I think of football somewhat like he does, so sure I am a Pep advocate. But the facts are the facts.

Pelegrini in his first season, brought 4 players for 100 million and won the league. Pep has spent 180 and 6 players and he is floundering, and folks are saying he doesn't have his players.... That's beyond fucking ridiculous.

Did any Premier League team score 4 goals on us under Pelegrini? I seem to only remember Chelsea doing so when we gave up a game to advance in the Champs league.

Pep has 2ice now conceded 4 goals. That is simply unacceptable.

Did any Premier League team score 4 goals on us under Pelegrini? I seem to only remember Chelsea doing so when we gave up a game to advance in the Champs league.

Spurs, Liverpool, Southampton, red shite.

The same faults that we saw under pellegrini are there under Guardiola but that I think is down to the transition in management between Mancini and Guardiola.

Last season I remember reading that we had the oldest squad in the Premiership, or very close to being so. I think there were just two or three clubs with an older group than ours.

In the Summer we bought young players: Stones, Jesus, Sane, but the older players are still here. The young are not ready to replace the old, and the old are 1 year older.

It was evident last season that players like Zabaleta, Toure and Kolarov were being passed by, and that is even more the case now. I think we took a risk in relying on Kompany and it fell through. The defence is basically unable to cover for the high risk football that Guardiola wants to play. I don't think that is his fault. In recent weeks we have lost 3 deep midfielders in Fernandinho, Fernando and Gundogan, and we play the 30 plus players in their place and you see the results.

I think we have had bad luck with injuries and suspension and combined with the squad age, and integrating a new central defender and keeper it mkaes life difficult.

However in time we'll be right. And those gloating now will have the smile wiped off their face.

Best manager in world football building a new team with his style of football...

1482820474116645304.gif

Time to panic? Enjoy the ride...

I'm not arguing for Pelegrini, simply saying results that would have been unacceptable under his stewardship with inferior players, should not become excusable under Pep. That's simply illogical.

I like and prefer Pep. I think of football somewhat like he does, so sure I am a Pep advocate. But the facts are the facts.

Pelegrini in his first season, brought 4 players for 100 million and won the league. Pep has spent 180 and 6 players and he is floundering, and folks are saying he doesn't have his players.... That's beyond fucking ridiculous.

Pelegrini also inherited 5 players at there peak in vinny, yaya, silva zab and Aguero, those same players aren't delivering for a number of reasons but it has its impact...

Pep is having to replenish a squad which should of been done progressively over the last 3 years.... I'd rather have a long term impact than an initial one, something that is continuously overlooked!

April 2015 United 4-2
Sept 2015 Spurs 5-1
November 2015 Liverpool 4-1
February 2016 Chelsea 5-1
May 2016 SOUTHAMPTON 4-2

That's off the top of my head, there may be more.

Your memory is very bad.

April 2015 United 4-2
Sept 2015 Spurs 5-1
November 2015 Liverpool 4-1
February 2016 Chelsea 5-1
May 2016 SOUTHAMPTON 4-2

That's off the top of my head, there may be more.

Your memory is very bad.
I've already pulled him up on that. Couple of posts back. ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.