Is it time we went to a cashless stadium?

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by StevieAsk, 21 Oct 2017.

1. peoffrey

peoffrey

It was free.

2. jrb

jrb

Theft is theft.

So anyone doing it should be sacked.

But there's a little bit of my that isn't bothered.

Why?

Because when City charge £2.50 for a 50p bottle of water, you know the club are ripping me and you off.

So the choice is to pay it, or remain thirsty.

3. Edin blue

Edin blue

Train Guard

Its all psychological, makes your body think you're drinking so it feels like a league game where you can get a real pint.

As for contactless, I instructed my bank to disable that particular feature on my card as I don't want it. I also very rarely use chip and pin, I'll only use it if I don't have enough cash in my wallet to cover the cost of what I'm buying.

4. StevieAsk

StevieAsk

It’s all about choices. I’ll happily pay £4 a pint rather than £3.50 say elsewhere if it means I can walk straight in to the stadium half hour before kick off. I don’t mind prices being slightly higher given that it’s only costing me £15 per game for my season ticket.

5. Gordyola

Gordyola

It might well be the franchise that looses out depending on the contract they may pay City a set fee and take the profits. As regards cashless then there’s a perfectly good system in place using bank cards so no need to invent another one. Personally I rarely use cash nowadays, lots of stores have removed the limit on Apple Pay transactions so that is more convenient than having to go to cash machines. Tesco have an app that you scan a QR code at the till and it charges your assigned bank account and gives you Tesco points at the same time.

6. UUJblue

UUJblue

i enjoyed the Heineken stand getting jumped at half time and the songs in 115 pissers lol

7. ell

ell

Not being funny but why do people buy soft drinks and mars bars in the ground, there is an asda over the road take it in with you? Alcohol is obviously a different matter because you cant take it in.

8. roj

roj

You can take in flasks of hot vodka vimto. So I’ve heard.

9. jonmcity

jonmcity

Like to see the scrotal entity try.