is Joe Hart good enough?

Joe Hart wasn't at fault for any of the goals today.

He's been awesome for us. I truly believe he can go on to be the best keeper in England for the next 10 years.

It seems people on here will just aim their blame gun and let rip indiscriminately at our players.

Natt said:
No

poor keeping
poor position
poor leadership
poor handling
poor at ball in the air

he's rubbish at everything but he will be better next season.

didnt you say that 32 is too old for a GK?

forgive me if i take no notice of your judgement

Natt said:
No

poor keeping
poor position
poor leadership
poor handling
poor at ball in the air

he's rubbish at everything but he will be better next season.

This is possibly the most ridiculous post I've ever seen on here and there's been some good efforts... It seems SP, Sven, MH and even Fabio know absolutely nothing about football then?

hart is already doing better than he should be IMO. when we signed him, he was one for the future who i reckon city thought at this point should maybe be where kasper is right now and be pushing for a place in a premiership side, but his fantastic progress has meant he's not only a premiership number 1 but maybe even englands number 2 in capellos eyes.he's now having his own high standards to live up to and i think some fans are expecting too much from him. that's why i'd break the bank for a top top notch goalkeeper at this moment, and take the pressure off hart for now. hopefully he could understand this and learn from a buffon/given for example.then in a few years we will see an even better joe hart come to the fore.

Pearcey said:

He's been awesome for us. I truly believe he can go on to be the best keeper in England for the next 10 years.

It seems people on here will just aim their blame gun and let rip indiscriminately at our players.
Shan't rip into Hart but. . . . . . . . I understand having been between the sticks some decades ago, the end product of the ball in the net focusses attention quite clearly on the GK. Having a back four like ours is currently playing must be rather traumatic for the young man but one must ask if JH is going to improve he must have the capacity to learn from whatever sources, own mistakes, other pros, GK coach, coaches generally, England set up. I think there is some doubt here. Hope I am proved wrong but what the fcuk was that mad flailing fist all about yesterday?

Pearcey said:

I'd argue that the first one could have been avoided if he had come and took it as James would have done.

I believe that Hart could become a very good keeper but at the minute he is miles away from James, Given, Reina and Cech.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Pearcey said:

Shan't rip into Hart but. . . . . . . . I understand having been between the sticks some decades ago, the end product of the ball in the net focusses attention quite clearly on the GK. Having a back four like ours is currently playing must be rather traumatic for the young man but one must ask if JH is going to improve he must have the capacity to learn from whatever sources, own mistakes, other pros, GK coach, coaches generally, England set up. I think there is some doubt here. Hope I am proved wrong but what the fcuk was that mad flailing fist all about yesterday?

thats a good point, as a keeper my self i know how hard it is, and yes he could be better at coming for crosses and his distribution but so can every keeper, he is and will be a great keeper for years to come, if our defence could perform as it did last year then we would be fine and no one would be saying anything against hart...who criticised him last season?????

Yes, keep playing him and i believe he will turn into one of the World's best. What do Casillas, Buffon and Cech have in common? They are (arguably) the 3 best keepers in the World, and they have been playing first team football regularly, at a high level, since they were Joe Harts age, not playing in the reserves as an understudy to an experienced goalkeeper. Keep the faith in him, and he will learn and improve.

People, Hart is a work in progress that was playing better than his pay grade (hence the saga with his new contract) however I deffo agree he needs a mentor in the form of an experienced keeper who has got another couple of years left in him.

I think there is atleast 5-6 other positions that need looking at first.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.