Is Manchester getting rougher (or is it just reported more?)

Sorry about all the trouble ...I'll try to stay in from now on...........The students started it anyway..................wearing them massive scarves and shit...talkin all posh an whatnot.

Started in Kent anyway......fackin kents

Try boozing in Longsight circa 1978................was full of guns , stanleys and crews of loons

Where the soul of a man is easy to buy
Everybody's wheelin'
Everybody's dealin'
All the low and living high
Every city's got 'em can we ever stop em
Some of us
Have gotta try

Maybe not rougher but as I get older I find myself going into town less and less.

This isn't a problem with Manchester, but all city centres in the UK and our culture as a whole. They've hardly relaxing places to unwind in the evening are they?

Compare the atmosphere in town to that of somewhere aboard, or compare the demographic of ppl using city centres in the evening here and abroad. I went to Bilbao recently, it was incredible the amount of children and over 60s that were out and about.

Town in the evenings is all about getting pissed/drugged and with that there will obviously be related issues.

One major issue is the fact GMP aren't making money off nicking all these little scrotes who are at the bottom of the pyramid dealing smaller quantities of spice etc.
They openly see the dealing, selling of stolen items and all the rest of it yet never do fuck all.

Recently there was an article in the MEN proclaiming loads of drug dealers operating within Picc Gardens had been sent down but if you looked at the images of the cctv footage it clearly shows these lads were doing the dealing over two years ago.
There's still an army of them operating in the same area right now.

On my way home from work if I'm doing over the speed limit I'm instantly caught and given a penalty.
I've probably spent more in car park fines than any of these chavy bastards have in court fines for their actual crimes that are harming people.

This is the problem.

Legalise all drugs, prescription based, get the users on a database and get them treated.
If they stay addicted at least they aren't paying stupid prices to these scrotes.

Bring back National Service and throw all these lads who act tough on the streets Into NS programs.

You can't just go blaming the immigrants, don't forget the disabled and the unemployed as well.

Like any large town or city, there are scrotes & areas where I wouldn't want to linger too long after dark, but on the whole it ain't too bad
Errr your both forgetting the fucking Aliens, those fuckers are the root cause I tell ya

Of course it is getting rougher and more dangerous. It will continue to do so until both the politics change and society itself takes a step back.

The city centre less so due to the amount of cctv and so on, but of course people who are drugged or pissed dont think about that so I think a night out anywhere lively has become a far more risky thing than 30years ago for sure.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.