Is our club against capping away prices?

It appeared there was a vote, as per a claim from a member of the FSF, now it doesn't. What is known now is that there were discussions about this proposal between the PL and every PL club. What is clear is that our club was one of several clubs to oppose the proposal, so it didn't even reach the stage where votes were cast as it was clear there wouldn't be the necessary support for it.

You're running dangerously close to defending the indefensible here.

There might be some other PR management token gesture being discussed by the PL and those against this proposal, but this was the real litmus test, and our club are known to have opposed it.

You cannot defend that. Don't bother trying. Doesn't reflect well.
You seem awfully keen to state things as facts, where is your actual proof of what was said both for and against this proposal? What about the proposed increase in the away fans fund? Do you have any actual verifiable facts? We're certainly not mentioned in that Guardian article and Arsenal actually deny they were against it.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/feb/05/premier-league-snubs-cap-away-ticket-prices

Sadly clubs that can't fill thier ground will vote for this.

We will make a fist of selling the third tier v anyone and it cuts down on stewarding costs.

Basically the big clubs will take the home fans money as its easier than dealing with away fans, the smaller clubs just want to fill seats.

The amount of people I saw on Twitter mocking the Liverpool walk out was disappointing. It's stuff like that, that all fans need to unite together with otherwise it will become £100 per ticket. Look at the prices yhe NFL get. Don't be niave and think the FA haven't noticed and aren't heading that way.

I mocked them because what does it solve? They paid through their arse and nose for that match and left early. Did it affect the clubs coffers? No. Will it make them reassess their ideas on their pricing structure? Most likely not.

They basically provided yet another oxymoron of a protest. The simple fact of a protest should be that 'you don't buy, the club don't get'.

I mocked them because what does it solve? They paid through their arse and nose for that match and left early. Did it affect the clubs coffers? No. Will it make them reassess their ideas on their pricing structure? Most likely not.

They basically provided yet another oxymoron of a protest. The simple fact of a protest should be that 'you don't buy, the club don't get'.

Disagree, and other fans should follow. Perhaps it won't make a difference but if more fans do it then we could see some change.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/liverpool-fc-consider-urgent-review-10855258

The directors have a legal obligation for the following
: Duty to promote the success of the company

(1)A director of a company must act in the way he considers, in good faith, would be most likely to promote the success of the company for the benefit of its members as a whole, and in doing so have regard (amongst other matters) to—

(a)the likely consequences of any decision in the long term,

(b)the interests of the company’s employees,

(c)the need to foster the company’s business relationships with suppliers, customers and others,

(d)the impact of the company’s operations on the community and the environment,

(e)the desirability of the company maintaining a reputation for high standards of business conduct, and

(f)the need to act fairly as between members of the company.

Dropping and then capping ticket prices is not conducive with these duties and there is still a demand and a willingness of fans to pay these prices. If you as an individual think the prices are too high then stop buying them someone else will take up that seat. When there is no longer a demand the club like any other business will review prices and still be fulfilling their duties but not before.

People need to grow up a little here and just because I was at York away and "helped" the club when they were in the shit doesn't mean that I have a right not to be priced out now we are successful. That I am afraid is the harshness of business and the law of supply and demand.

From a purely business point of view and as someone else who was at York away, I don't disagree. However, football isn't like most other businesses and this is where the clubs need to be careful when setting ticket prices. Unlike someone who shops at Tesco or your own business, a supporter can't just jack it in and go off supporting another club because that goes against the point of being a football fan. Pricing out too many traditional fans on the basis that someone else will take up the slack is dangerous as the "new" fan is more likely to be a fairweather fan than the die-hard.

For me, the crux of it is this - Premier League clubs are less reliant than ever on gate money and that will be even more evident next season when the new TV deal kicks in so to keep ramping up prices while players, managers, agents, directors, chairmen, and owners cream off ever greater sums of money from all the other revenue streams while at the same time squeezing more out of the fans is what is sticking in the craw of many supporters. I'm sure Bayern Munich could charge more due to their huge support base but many of their season tickets cost just over £100.

Only way it will ever change is by fans voting with their feet and complete boycotts.

Read any article it is clear there was not enough support to bother putting it to a vote. Therefore at least 13 other clubs would have rebuffed the idea during discussions.

City hide beghnd their £299 tickets whilst charging away fans £58 per game for the same awful seats.

I thought it was 7 voted against, or indicated that they would, which is the requirement for any PL motion to fail. I'd guess that Spurs and Chelsea were against too.

Do you have a link apart from the Guardian one that 13 opposed it.

I agree with the Liverpool fans who walked out and all fans should do this for a game, but would any club care if a few 1000s went after say h/t, would they fuck, they have ur money b4 the game and its the people who leave that's lost out. the only way is for people to say no to going to one game, that's when club misses out due to say our club 10k not going, not buying food, beer car park not spending in club shop, not buying the match prog that's when it would hit our club cause it could be 500/600k they be losing out

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.