Is Our 'Rough Patch' Over?

MarsLlama

It's common knowledge (if you believe the pundits) that we're going to hit a brick wall soon and start dropping points because every team has a bad spell in the season.

But could it be argued that the rough patch has already been and gone? That it started with the 2-0 win over Leicester in mid-November and ended when we won the derby? Since then we've scored eight goals in two games and have been playing like we were earlier in the season when we were scoring 3+ a game.

That's not to say it's the only rough patch we'll face but does it suggest that we'll keep winning even when we struggle to play at our best?

It just depends on the fixtures and the style of the opponents. Bournemouth at home 'should' be similar to playing Swansea for example. But as soon as the fixture list pairs several buses back to back again, we will go into another so-called blip where late goals may be required.

They're in fantasy land, this team isn't going to go through a heavy blip. They'll drop points every now and then of course but it's hard to see it happening even in back to back games. All the meanwhile our challengers will be dropping points at a likely similar rate.

I know it is written into the rule book that every team goes through a rough patch but we might just break the rules this season and not have one.
We did have one, but Raheem Sterling pulled us out of it with the blip in form going relatively unnoticed. We somehow managed to keep winning.

Love this rough patch idea... I remember a 'rough patch' that went from about 1983 to somewhere around early September 2008... boy was that dodgy!

We suffered three rough decades, never mind patches.

I know it is written into the rule book that every team goes through a rough patch but we might just break the rules this season and not have one.

Think we will se our rough patch near the end of the season...about March :)

get the season wrapped and then strategic changes may come into play. Tropheys not records i reckon

Who knows. Half the media are praying for us to draw a game, the other half seem to be actuallly enjoying the ride. I just hope this undefeated tag doesn't weigh heavy.

I'd expect the sheer amount of games over the next fortnight will see us stumble but that is based on my knoweledge of football I've seen on planet earth. The stuff were playing is definitely not of this earth.

Wait until we actually play a tough side. We haven't played any yet apparently..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.