Is Richard Dunne 'Done For' as captain?

mr t

I don't want to kick anybody when they are down but after witnessing us dismally crash out of the FA Cup at the first hurdle I wonder whether Dunney is upto being the team captain.

He looks all at sea and seems to have no influence over his peers.

The defence in general looks woeful and non-communicative with one another - Richards and Zabaleta don't seem to speak at all - and he doesn't seem to be taking a leaders role or be giving the players any direction.

Compare the way that Distin used to shout at his players when he wanted things doing - you could hear him in the stands.

Dunney to me is just wearing the arm band.

I don't think he is the man for the job especially as whether we like it or not we are still in the middle of a relegation battle and performances like today are not gonna get us the points we need to start climbing the table.

People used to criticise Distin as a captain and were desperate for him to be replaced.

It didn't make much of a difference then, and it won't make much of a difference now.

Unless we buy a natural leader, there really is no point making a change. Because if someone currently in the squad can't lead when they're not wearing an armband they won't be able to lead when they are.

I could have told you this after Blackburn 2-2 last season. No one wanted to hear it then. There's thousands who still want him in their starting XI, full-stop! The only thing I want to see from Richard Dunne is his transfer request. Waste of money. Should have sold him in summer. Hughes first BIG mistake.

The whole back four are wank right now. We know, they know it.Dunne as captain isn`t helping the team, he can`t even sort out his defence!
Will he be replaced? Will he bollox!
MH hasn`t got a clue, I`m sure he was absent during class when they were doing tactics, man management and picking the side, when he was on his coaching course!
Dunne will remain captain, Richards will remain next to him, Vassell will still be allowed to start or sit on the bench, and all the rest who obviously believe they`re going to be replaced and playing like they never saw a ball before will also be in his thoughts!
Captain fucking Marvel couldn`t get this side motivated so Dunne has no chance

Brucie Bonus said:
I could have told you this after Blackburn 2-2 last season. No one wanted to hear it then. There's thousands who still want him in their starting XI, full-stop! The only thing I want to see from Richard Dunne is his transfer request. Waste of money. Should have sold him in summer. Hughes first BIG mistake.
Of course there are, he's the best defender at the club unless you count the odd few minutes here and there when Ned remains fit.

you never see him talkin to the team, yet vinny is constantly shouting at players, geeing players up.....
i know he had a bad game today, but for me he should be captin...
kompany for captin.....

you never see him talkin to the team, yet vinny is constantly shouting at players, geeing players up.....
i know he had a bad game today, but for me he should be captin...
kompany for captin.....

richards is the problem. he cant defend to save his life. all he has is pace and strength. dunne is doing 3 peoples work if you include him having to cover ball.

yes dunne is playing bad but i think that more down to the fact the players round him are poor.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.