Is Richard Dunne 'Done For' as captain?

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by mr t, 3 Jan 2009.

1. i don't think he's no where near as vocal enough as a team captain should be. we should apoint kompany or zabba as captain IMO.

2. platts007

platts007

CRIMINAL
    company strode forward with the ball and i shouted" go on captain..."
    he looks the natural leader in that shower of shit today at least he tried to get something going

3. josh06

josh06

Dunne did the same, running forward, and on one occassion won us a corner. Not a first time either, it is thanks to him we got our 1st or second goal againsthull.

4. platts007

platts007

CRIMINAL
    ive been a real big fan of dunney over the last few years,something just tells me that it is maybe a time for him to move on.
    he has been a magnificent servant to mcfc though ! i think we have seen the best of him

5. Timperleyblue

Timperleyblue

Agree 100%

6. mike channon´s windmill

mike channon´s windmill

Never has been nor ever will be captain material - too introvert and frightened of giving rollockings when required

7. macky

macky

M.A.R.T.I.N wrote:
    richards is the problem. he cant defend to save his life. all he has is pace and strength. dunne is doing 3 peoples work if you include him having to cover ball.

yes dunne is playing bad but i think that more down to the fact the players round him are poor.

couldnt agree more put a decent central defender next to him and then judge

8. BlueBoy85

BlueBoy85

Feel a little bit sorry for dunney having to play in the middle next to richards and ball. He is doing three players work and its impossible for him to do. Richards is shite at centre half he cant handle the pressure of it at all. He has no composure and just boots it all the time.

Remember when Van Buyten was on loan here playing with dunney, he turned into a different player and was brilliant. He just needs a class centre half to play with to take the pressure of him.

As for being captain aswell its too much pressure on him, but city lack a few true leaders in the team to pass the armband on.

9. jimtolmiesperm

jimtolmiesperm

is richard dunne done for?
    er.....yes.

10. Dunne is one of two or three who fought our cause today... he was covering for everyone's mistakes and looked very good. Just cause our squad has no depth isnt a reason to rid Dunne of the captaincy... His consistenc this season may cause him to loose it next season.