Is 'snitching' always ethically wrong?

This tends to suggest that you've not seen it yourself an are going off hearsay. If that's the case, you just sound like an interfering busy so and so to me
Perhaps some friends of his have seen it and told him, and he is wondering whether those friends should report her and is asking for feedback here before he makes that argument to his mates?

Or by 'apparent' he could mean 'apparent to him'. Or maybe he's a little shy about admitting that he's been looking at her instragram!

Wait until she knocks down and kills someone you love and then ask yourself the question. Grass her up.

Girl I know, right narcissistic little so and so, apparently always on instagram doing a daily story of her dull life. Anyhow, these short snippets into the life of her insecure self always show videos of something I consider to be completely off. She gets her phone out and records herself driving, the speedometer is always over 80mph and she's driving with one hand whilst recording with the other. She's going to kill someone one day.

Does she deserve reporting?
If she's putting others or herself in danger don't know why you're pondering it. Getting her a slapped wrist and saving lives is better than her killing someone and herself living with the trauma. Judging by what you say of her she may not understand that but she wouldn't know it was you anyway.

As a mere civilian and not a mafioso, the "don't snitch" rule only applies in cases where people aren't in serious danger.

I've no idea why reporting someone committing a crime is seen as wrong.
Snitches get stitches is just a form of bullying and a threat to commit another crime

If you're a child, maybe.

In reality you should just judge situation on it's merit, for example this lady could kill someone by being stupid, therefore she probably deserves to be reported. On the other hand if someone is doing something that's technically illegal, but about as likely to negatively impact your life as a butterfly flapping it's wings on the other side of the World, probably just leave them to it.

You should act as informer. You don't seem to be a consequentialist (if you think a certain act could ever be 'always' wrong) but I guess like others have said, what if she kills someone and destroys a family through her recklessness and stupidity? The police would have her banged to rights if the video shows what it shows and surely the shame/fine will help alter her attitude.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.