Is social media killing the game ?

BlueHammer85

One defeat and it is a complete meltdown. Relentless views from people all over the world demanding the Manager has to be sacked, so and so player is sh*t etc.
Gone are the days when you watch your team, go home and the only analysis you heard was from MOTD.
I believe so much negativity and vile abuse on social media creates a negative vibe when you go to games - I know probably not the case for all clubs and many fans stay clear of social media - but the average modern day fan doesn’t go the games and instead slates everything off on social media and forums, struggling to see what can be done but the huge overreaction after every defeat is just depressing.
Rant over.

The atmosphere at Maine Road was very hostile towards managers, players and the board depending on results long before Mark Zuckerbrg made it into his father’s ball sack.

No, it's just giving all the nutters a voice and a stage. Read Caitlin Moran's piece in yesterday's times, sums it up very well.

Lamenting the killing of the game by social media, on a form of social media.

One defeat and it is a complete meltdown. Relentless views from people all over the world demanding the Manager has to be sacked, so and so player is sh*t etc.
Gone are the days when you watch your team, go home and the only analysis you heard was from MOTD.
I believe so much negativity and vile abuse on social media creates a negative vibe when you go to games - I know probably not the case for all clubs and many fans stay clear of social media - but the average modern day fan doesn’t go the games and instead slates everything off on social media and forums, struggling to see what can be done but the huge overreaction after every defeat is just depressing.
Rant over.
Don’t use social media...

Everyone’s got an opinion and now it can be transmitted in an instant and for no cost via social media. There is probably no decent football debate to be had away from this forum from a City fans point of view.

You look at the comment sections on Match of the day, Football 365 and some of the fan run unofficial club pages and it all ends in trolling and even as far as racial abuse.

The need for 24 hours a day coverage that the media thinks we need to have has diluted fact into slanted opinion and agenda. Look at Custis, Simon Stone, Duncan Castles. Tweeting pro rag bias to get clicks and reads on their written pieces.

I wonder if the take over had happened a few years earlier would there have been so much negativity surrounding City as Facebook and Twitter were in their infancy stages?

The only worrying aspect for me is that mainstream news and media now use social media as a source of fact and opinion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.