Is social media killing the game ?

Don't let 'em grind you down. There's always cup half full/empty side to every game. But some people
take the abuse to a sickening level. That's why I rarely go Twitter/Facebook. Some right fucking morons
on there.
There's some right fucking morons on here as well mate :)

Social Media isn't not killing the game because all it is an extension to Football phone ins and gives people an opportunity to rant. If you are looking someone or something to blame then the FA should be first on the list.

Last edited:
Social Media is killing society - Full stop.
People use it as though there are no consequences to their actions, indeed If somebody said some of the things to my face that I see trolls say to people on Social Media I'd twat them. Respecting someone else's opinions is very important for the cohesion of society - even if you disagree with them. Without it, it all goes to pot.
That said, of more concern to me is seeing our fan base morph into a clone of that for Old Toilet FC. Every week it morphs just a little bit more. It needs to stop.

Last edited:
Social Media is killing society - Full stop.
People use it as though there are no consequences to their actions, indeed If somebody said some of the things to my face that I see trolls say to people on Social Media I'd twat them. Respecting someone else's opinions is very important for the cohesion of society - even if you disagree with them. Without it, it all goes to pot.

That said, of more concern to me is seeing our fan base morph into a clone of that for Old Toilet FC. Every week it morphs just a little bit more. It needs to stop.

In what way do you think that? The sense of entitlement we should win every game?

In what way do you think that? The sense of entitlement we should win every game?
Entitlement rather than being humble and to know where we have come from.
Not respecting the other team and being Billy 'Big Bollocks' at every opportunity.
It's rather doing my head in.
That said it's more of a thing on social media. At the games people who sit around me still have the respect that most City fans always have - for example applauding when the opposition does somthing well.

Respecting someone else's opinions is very important for the cohesion of society - even if you disagree with them.
Nah. Not all opinions are worthy of respect.

In fact, my main gripe with social media is that there are ****s that think all opinions are valid.

Entitlement rather than being humble and to know where we have come from.
Not respecting the other team and being Billy 'Big Bollocks' at every opportunity.
It's rather doing my head in.
That said it's more of a thing on social media. At the games people who sit around me still have the respect that most City fans always have - for example applauding when the opposition does somthing well.

Yes I agree with all that. Like you say it is mostly on forums/social media but it leaves me feeling a bit uncomfortable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.