Is social media killing the game ?

Social Media is killing society - Full stop.
People use it as though there are no consequences to their actions, indeed If somebody said some of the things to my face that I see trolls say to people on Social Media I'd twat them. Respecting someone else's opinions is very important for the cohesion of society - even if you disagree with them. Without it, it all goes to pot.
That said, of more concern to me is seeing our fan base morph into a clone of that for Old Toilet FC. Every week it morphs just a little bit more. It needs to stop.

I often wonder if the negatives of social media will outweigh the positives.

We do learn so much through this medium for example peoples experiences in war zones etc, under occupation and a connection with people we will probably never meet or see the world through their prism.

But then the flip side is the proliferation of ill-thought out views etc. Will be interesting to see how society has been shaped by these changes in 40 years.

I often wonder if the negatives of social media will outweigh the positives.

We do learn so much through this medium for example peoples experiences in war zones etc, under occupation and a connection with people we will probably never meet or see the world through their prism.

But then the flip side is the proliferation of ill-thought out views etc. Will be interesting to see how society has been shaped by these changes in 40 years.
You must also remember that social media allows we’d blue hammer to post about Justin Bieber’s various albums.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.