Is spending a fortune really the answer?

cyberblue

Depending on what you read and who you believe Pep will have a huge amount of money to spend on players for next season .
Is it really necessary shell out so much? We have 34 players out on loan .if none of them are ready for the 1st team why did we get them in the first place ? We have loads of talent at the Academy but none have been developed or been trusted enough to play a major part in the Ist team .I would not have minded being without a trophy this season or even finishing out of the top 4 if i seen concistent progress and improvement in
the team .but sadly i havent .let us hope for a great end to this season so we can have optimism for the next one

Of course it is. How else will Pep prove he is the best manager in the world if it isn't through spending the most money to get the best players?.?.?

Depends who you buy. If we buy more Bony's and mangala's then no. But veratti, griezman someone of that ilk I'd say yep.

I read somewhere that we are looking to spend 250 million. Let that sink in. Two hundred and fifty, million pounds. For what? To finish 3 places higher?

In all seriousness, if that is the going rate, its the going rate. That said, we need hrses for courses and as long as the money is spent on the areas that need improving, then we should be ok

not always we have spunked millions in the last three seasons snd advanced very little.

spending wisely is the key, if it's true pep has complete control over targets for the summer I will have to trust his judgement, he has brough theough or aquired some decwnt talent elsewhere as well as inheriting good players.

His picks last summer have all done ok but he inherited aging top players and average -wank squad players.
It would be nice to pick up some bargains for a change though

For lasting success yes it is the answer. It's what gets me about Leicester, yeah they dwon it without spending, but they won it once and will glide back into obscurity now it is over. Whilst City are spending for the future, for domination over the next few years imo.... Better and wiser spending would be good though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.