Is Sponsorship always a good thing ?

SilverFox2

For football clubs to survive it is essential and a necessary part of procedures that establish perceived values for a Company to provide cash for certain privileges.
Shirt and Stadium figure highly and benefit both parties.

What about the FA though.

I think there is a real danger that the tail may actually wag the dog here.
Presumably for the massive deals that both Sky and BT negotiated with the FA they intend to pay for the sponsorship via subscriptions.
No problem if this was a direct agreement with individual clubs but it goes straight to the FA who then also apply the rules of the game via the refs and disciplinary committees.
My worry is that the subscription based sponsorship depends on the fickle public to subscribe so supporters like to see their side winning and subscribe dependant on form.

We are not yet as well supported as say United so perhaps it suits Sky, BT and the FA for us not to be dominant and let their potential customer base catch up. Or maybe I am neurotic.

For football clubs to survive it is essential and a necessary part of procedures that establish perceived values for a Company to provide cash for certain privileges.
Shirt and Stadium figure highly and benefit both parties.

What about the FA though.

I think there is a real danger that the tail may actually wag the dog here.
Presumably for the massive deals that both Sky and BT negotiated with the FA they intend to pay for the sponsorship via subscriptions.
No problem if this was a direct agreement with individual clubs but it goes straight to the FA who then also apply the rules of the game via the refs and disciplinary committees.
My worry is that the subscription based sponsorship depends on the fickle public to subscribe so supporters like to see their side winning and subscribe dependant on form.

We are not yet as well supported as say United so perhaps it suits Sky, BT and the FA for us not to be dominant and let their potential customer base catch up. Or maybe I am neurotic.
Nope I dont think you are being neurotic, it definately sets up for dodgy stuff to happen but I dont think it is all arranged through brown envelopes and shady emails, I think everyone just reliases the situation and behaves accordingly.

City need to spend the money and become as big a fanbase, we are doing the right thing, then we can smash this cartel down Sky's throat. I even suspect Pep is determined to do that.

Anyway, havent we got enough of these conspiracy threads?

The problem with money in sport is that it breeds corruption. We need the Independent Football Ombudsman to start doing their job.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.