Is the 2 week break a game changer?

taleofbluehalves

As it stands we play Stoke on 12 Match then Everton 31st Match because Brighton on 18th is rearranged for the cup. We’ve played a lot of games and have some huge games coming up in the title run in. I think in an ideal world we’d win the league then rotate and rest players around Champions League games.
I think it’s no coincidence that Premier League teams struggle to make the Champions League semis because of the demands of the league. Bayern by contrast rested 9 players before their recent Champions League game. Utd down to Chelsea will be panicking about top 4 plus have the FA Cup.
With this gap players and coaching staff can rest and refresh. They can plan for the upcoming games against Utd and Spurs and next Champions League games.

Maybe this gap could make a huge difference to the end of the season?

It's basically a faux winter break for us. It could be just what we need in order to regenerate physically and mentally before a final push.

Rumors are the team will go for a warm weather training trip.

Think it will be a game changer. A lot of players have a lot of minutes. This will allow everyone to regenerate.

Will be crucial for the CL.

Its certainly going to be helpful, together with the unfortunate events at Wigan it does leave us with an opportunity to be going into Champions League last 8 with the squad in good nick. As mentioned before English clubs tend to be at a slight disadvantage when it comes to fatigue at this time of year. The League should be just about done by the time we play in the last 8, enabling Pep to concentrate fully on the Champions League. Only Bayern are in that position.

As it stands we play Stoke on 12 Match then Everton 31st Match because Brighton on 18th is rearranged for the cup. We’ve played a lot of games and have some huge games coming up in the title run in. I think in an ideal world we’d win the league then rotate and rest players around Champions League games.
I think it’s no coincidence that Premier League teams struggle to make the Champions League semis because of the demands of the league. Bayern by contrast rested 9 players before their recent Champions League game. Utd down to Chelsea will be panicking about top 4 plus have the FA Cup.
With this gap players and coaching staff can rest and refresh. They can plan for the upcoming games against Utd and Spurs and next Champions League games.

Maybe this gap could make a huge difference to the end of the season?
Don’t forget there are international friendlys the week before the Everton game.

Means nothing ... that 12-31 you’re counting as break ... the first week that city has no game due to fa cup exit, City is planning on visiting Abu Dhabi to see the owners and play a friendly there ... the next two weeks is international break which would see most, if not all, of our players fly to everywhere and be preparing for and playing two friendlies each ...

I’m not so sure how travelling this much, meeting and greeting the contigent in Abu Dhabi half way through the season and then players all changing their training regimes (different coaches, staff, players, shapes etc etc with their national sides) and then returning just two/three days before the Everton game help or hinder anyone ... some would not return till just 48 hrs before Everton game :(

Means nothing ... that 12-31 you’re counting as break ... the first week that city has no game due to fa cup exit, City is planning on visiting Abu Dhabi to see the owners and play a friendly there ... the next two weeks is international break which would see most, if not all, of our players fly to everywhere and be preparing for and playing two friendlies each ...

I’m not so sure how travelling this much, meeting and greeting the contigent in Abu Dhabi half way through the season and then players all changing their training regimes (different coaches, staff, players, shapes etc etc with their national sides) and then returning just two/three days before the Everton game help or hinder anyone ... some would not return till just 48 hrs before Everton game :(
Stress free, though, and a change of scenery.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.