Is the 'Equality' of the Sexes Unbalancing Society...?

Colin_Bell said:
Real men stand by their children whatever the circumstances, others walk away far to quickly and the spend forever moaning about it

I don't know whether that's in reference to me, but I've been forced away and yes I'm moaning. However, I'm there for my lad, whenever he needs me. It's NOT a simple area to deal with, fella.

There are MANY permitations to the equation. Just as many men are tw@s to turn their back on their kids, as much are there are many tw@s that deny men, the right to see them. Then, there are those of us good fathers, who are stuck at a forced distance, when threatened with court action for wanting to see their child.

It's rarer, these days to get an ex couple amiable enough to allow contact, with no problems. Don't make it sound simple, when it's not, CB.

Bigga said:
Everybody rebels at some point. Even you. That makes you a dick, also.
You’re mixing your tenses. Yep, when I pissed about when I was younger I was a dick.
Whatever your mixed up, crazy, seemingly blameless kid becomes later is irrelevant.

Bigga said:
As for the programme, you can't edit a flow of words and attitude when the camera simply rolls with no cut point. Making blind assumptions on something you didn't see is, well, imply stupid.
A lot of your posts are actually just rambling monologues aren’t they.

Televators said:
Bigga said:
Everybody rebels at some point. Even you. That makes you a dick, also.
You’re mixing your tenses. Yep, when I pissed about when I was younger I was a dick.
Whatever your mixed up, crazy, seemingly blameless kid becomes later is irrelevant.

Bigga said:
As for the programme, you can't edit a flow of words and attitude when the camera simply rolls with no cut point. Making blind assumptions on something you didn't see is, well, imply stupid.
A lot of your posts are actually just rambling monologues aren’t they.

*As usual, you chat sh!t.

However, I'd agree that I like to cut loose on a subject or two...

InvisibleMan said:
My sister lost her baby at 15. My other sister is about to have one at 16. They're both lovley girls. They are both poor as fuck. They both have a right to be mothers free from the sort of bile that is spouted on mesg boards and in most sections of the media,

I appologise for the chip on my shoulder resulting in the way i replied. It's hard to differentiate from people who actually care and people who are judgemental. But, now and again, the people who actually care fall into the trap of being judgemental - i think it's called the New Labour/centre mentality.

And I apologise for being a bit tetchy last night. It's just that everyday I see girls/women who produce child after child with no real intention of allowing the child a real relationship with the father. Some of the lads who father these children have no long term commitment either, and yet there seems to be no shame in either party of allowing other people to pick up the bill.

However, more to the point, the damage to children born into such cicumstances/relationships is incalculable, yet the State continues to allow it, and I find that immoral. I am very aware that there is no "blueprint" for a successful upbringing and not every situation is as simple as I cited (my own certainly wasn't) but the whole horrible acceptance of the kind of attitude that SOME of these people have is horribly depressing.

I have interviewed some that have never even been outside the part of town where they live. Ever.

InvisibleMan said:
Televators said:
He sounds charming.

Women: I think they should do what the Hell they like. These people who are coming out in the media either for or against should wind their necks in and concentrate on living their own bloody lives. Do they really have nothing better to do?

As far as that TV program goes, it’s just that - a TV program - which will no doubt have been manipulated by the producers/directors to pull in as many viewers as possible.

LOL - Loose Women. 'I think this and that etc. etc. - How about......you shut the fuck up.

Televators - very harsh that, you don't know Bigga, his son or his situation so there's no need to be that insulting and sarcastic. Do you have kids?
As for women doing "what the hell they like" where do you get that idea from ? If you have kids you can't do what the hell you like because you have the child/children to consider .. and they come first. Albeit in Bigga's case, the way he would of liked his son to be brought up was taken out of his hands,(and much to his distress by the sounds of it and not for lack of trying on his part).
There is a lot wrong with today's society, parental rights (Bigga), single parents etc etc we could go on forever. Mackenzie makes a fair point about single parents because she has been in that situation and seems to advocate that the government should be doing more to help these kids getting in that situation (fair play to her), Bigga makes a good point about his, not being able to have any say in how is son is brought up (because his ex undermines any good he does and she seems more mithered about keeping a showhouse than being a mother).
I think you are the one who needs to wing their neck in and take a reality check ...

Glenda MCFC said:
InvisibleMan said:
Televators said:
He sounds charming.

Women: I think they should do what the Hell they like. These people who are coming out in the media either for or against should wind their necks in and concentrate on living their own bloody lives. Do they really have nothing better to do?

As far as that TV program goes, it’s just that - a TV program - which will no doubt have been manipulated by the producers/directors to pull in as many viewers as possible.

LOL - Loose Women. 'I think this and that etc. etc. - How about......you shut the fuck up.

Televators - very harsh that, you don't know Bigga, his son or his situation so there's no need to be that insulting and sarcastic. Do you have kids?
As for women doing "what the hell they like" where do you get that idea from ? If you have kids you can't do what the hell you like because you have the child/children to consider .. and they come first. Albeit in Bigga's case, the way he would of liked his son to be brought up was taken out of his hands,(and much to his distress by the sounds of it and not for lack of trying on his part).
There is a lot wrong with today's society, parental rights (Bigga), single parents etc etc we could go on forever. Mackenzie makes a fair point about single parents because she has been in that situation and seems to advocate that the government should be doing more to help these kids getting in that situation (fair play to her), Bigga makes a good point about his, not being able to have any say in how is son is brought up (because his ex undermines any good he does and she seems more mithered about keeping a showhouse than being a mother).
I think you are the one who needs to wing their neck in and take a reality check ...

I got goosebumps reading that! Thank you, Glenda, for thoughtful and well measured response.

Matty said:
A FEMALE Cambridge Don?!!!! Next thing you know they'll be running the country......

Running the country??? FM, That would be a nightmare. There's be millions unemployed and fascism via the back door.

This is tasteless and inappropriate so i thought i'd share it
apologies to glenda, mackenzie, pam and the rest of the ladies before hand

so there was this comic in the states who was on the telly one night on something like conan o'brien
he was bitching about women and such, and decided to bring up the women's rights movement to complain about how men are totally useless now - i paraphrased a bit
"so one day women are marching for their right to vote, and them men get together and come up with a plan where they will vote on whether to give women the right to vote or not...How in the fuck did we men lose that vote?"

i guess to tie this in to the thread, we need to have communication on both sides. we can't be walking about with knee jerk reflexes to everything that happens to us. women have the right to be equal, but men should also fight for equality as well. no one should feel guilty or victimised. the landscape of equality is changing, and both sexes have to be adaptable to change

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.