Is the Etihad Stadium Tour good?

Adidas Barry Silkman

Thinking of taking my 12 year old son for a birthday surprise. If you have been on the stadium tour yourself what did you think, was it good value, is it aimed towards kids as well ? Would appreciate honest opinions as I do not want to disappoint the lad. Thanks

i went a couple of years ago, i thought it was good, nothing special.
wouldn't really say any of it is specifically aimed at kids.

Done it twice once with a mate who now lives abroad and once with my then teenage son.

If you can wait rather than a particular date City have 'specials' on from time to time.

The one with my lad had In Cheeseman as a second tour guide and Ali Mann (BBC commentator) doing a Q & A at the end.

I did it bout 5 or 6 years back. Interesting to see the stuff you don't normally see; dressing rooms, warm up areas, the players' tunnel, inside one of the boxes, the room where the manager used to do his press conferences (though I think that's now held on the Campus facility), the dugouts, etc etc. For £7 (the price of a couple of drinks) it was alright.

It's great, well was great when we went a few years ago.
Things like the press conference area is now located at the Campus, and I'm unaware if the Stadium tour includes the Etihad academy Campus??
Nice seeing the trophy cabinet area, bits and bobs from Maine Road, players dressing room, walking down the tunnel... yea it's a good tour (although I'm waiting a bit until the stadium is fully complete both on the north and south stand expansions and if or when they incorporate the new academy until I next go)

Was speaking to a chap only yesterday who went last week. Said it was well worth it, particularly hearing about what happens at Half time. I won't spoil it but it looks as though the half time team talk is slightly different these days.

Was speaking to a chap only yesterday who went last week. Said it was well worth it, particularly hearing about what happens at Half time. I won't spoil it but it looks as though the half time team talk is slightly different these days.

Put it in a spoiler Alec.

We went last Summer. It was a gift from Mrs Vienna's daughter and her family. We were in a party of about 14 and apart us, the only other City fan was a lad from the South-East with his mum.

It's brilliant, especially, as someone has already mentioned, the bit down in the dressing room.

It gives a very good insight to the club and I would recommend it to any Blue

It's on a par with most other stadium tours.
If you're a City fan, the best parts are going to be 'access' to places you'd normally never see... which is really the dressing room and tunnel.

In all honesty, it's not earth shattering to a mid-40's bloke, but through the eyes of an 8-15 year old, maybe it is.

Worth doing? yes.
Worth doing twice? no.

Worth doing at least once, especially with the construction work on the go. We got to go in the Director's box, which is incredible! Also good to see the behind the scenes areas like the press room, dressing rooms and tunnel. Not particularly aimed at kids either, more at adults.

Worth it just for the stories of Mario's antics while he was with us!

I think the tour now includes the CFA, which it didn't when I last went. Check first to make sure, but I'm sure they said it would include it this summer when I did it last year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.