Is the Etihad Stadium Tour good?

Took it about a year ago. Brilliant tour and informative as some details i wouldn't know otherwise. Best part was when the guide kept taunting the other Chelsea/Pool/Newcastle fans that we were Champions :D

I have done it twice. The first time 6 years ago. We booked on one of only two daily tours and went round in a small group. What a difference the last few years have made. Last year there was a choice of 6 daily tours and the groups were massive. Much more to see as well. Told us the story about none heated sests, bland away dressing room and no plunge pools for away teams which made the papers shortly afterwards. Did a Newcastle tour recently which takes the same approach to away teams but less newsworthy I guess.

Funny this has been mentioned about tours...

yes done the etihad tour, well organised and worth doing, gives you a real insight as to where we are with first class stadium and facilities for all supporters especially vip and director level. It really is the best stadium in the country alongside Emirates.

In contrast i went to an exhibition at the swamp in April, had to go as some of my clients where attending so was work related. After the exhibition, some of my customers from "Essex" where rags fans and wanted to see the stadium as they had never been before ( no surprise there really ). It made me want to vomit but thought lets compare stadium... What a shithole in every aspect, how this stadium can boast certificates for first class Euro stadia i never know. Two areas stand out clearly. First the vip treatment / director 5 star restaurant, the area was more like an old "little chef" plastic seats, horrible tables just nothing about the first class lounge at all. I even said to the tour guide, are you serious about claiming this is 5 star !... We went to a press room and some other 80's decor lounges before arriving in the tunnel, rusty old tracks for the tunnel canopy, walls a mess, cramped and could have been at stoke city ( sorry no offence to stoke ). The place is in a state, how a world class player can visit and want to sign for this shithole beats me.

how a world class player can visit and want to sign for this shithole beats me.
giphy.gif

Funny this has been mentioned about tours...

yes done the etihad tour, well organised and worth doing, gives you a real insight as to where we are with first class stadium and facilities for all supporters especially vip and director level. It really is the best stadium in the country alongside Emirates.

In contrast i went to an exhibition at the swamp in April, had to go as some of my clients where attending so was work related. After the exhibition, some of my customers from "Essex" where rags fans and wanted to see the stadium as they had never been before ( no surprise there really ). It made me want to vomit but thought lets compare stadium... What a shithole in every aspect, how this stadium can boast certificates for first class Euro stadia i never know. Two areas stand out clearly. First the vip treatment / director 5 star restaurant, the area was more like an old "little chef" plastic seats, horrible tables just nothing about the first class lounge at all. I even said to the tour guide, are you serious about claiming this is 5 star !... We went to a press room and some other 80's decor lounges before arriving in the tunnel, rusty old tracks for the tunnel canopy, walls a mess, cramped and could have been at stoke city ( sorry no offence to stoke ). The place is in a state, how a world class player can visit and want to sign for this shithole beats me.
Well put mate

The tour is going to be restricted over the summer due to the building works. Might be best to wait til next season. Don't think the CFA is included at the moment.

I've been 4 times its really good, in fact I took the nippers and old fella last week, had a great time but as there is a lot of work being done at pitch level the pitch sides and dugouts aren't part of the tour at the moment, you get a tour of the away dressing room instead I think.

It's definitely worth the money if only to see how the other half watch games from the comfort of their executive boxes.

If you want to know anymore just send us a pm

Oh and the CFA is definitely not included at the minute

I've been 4 times its really good, in fact I took the nippers and old fella last week, had a great time but as there is a lot of work being done at pitch level the pitch sides and dugouts aren't part of the tour at the moment, you get a tour of the away dressing room instead I think.

It's definitely worth the money if only to see how the other half watch games from the comfort of their executive boxes.

If you want to know anymore just send us a pm

Oh and the CFA is definitely not included at the minute

I had tour of dugouts AND away dressing room when I did it. It was close season last year though, so I reckon the tours were a bit longer than normal

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.