Is there a benefit to our players, manager etc being a "City fan"?

Plain Speaking

Some of our players have clearly become "City fans" eg VK, Zab and Joe Hart. They love the club and give extra effort and passion in games. Others like Silva and Kun seem very nearly at that level.

Such feelings don't come overnight and hopefully many of our other players can develop these as they win trophies and build history over the years with us.

Personally I feel this is a great asset within a club and something to be valued and encouraged. I believe it can give extra motivation to a side and builds a stronger relationship with the supporters.

Liverpool seem to encourage this probably more than any other PL club. Klopp seems to embrace emotions and use them as an extra bond and motivation for the players and fans.

Pep hasn't developed these feelings for us yet. Maybe over time, if he achieves success, he will start to? However he does seem a cooler and dispassionate personality.

I have seen the statement on BM, " there is no place for sentiment in football," but as a passionate fan I want my players and club to embrace emotion and not just be a sterile money making vehicle.

I wonder if the decision makers in the club see any value and benefit in players and staff being genuine fans of the club?

Why would we want a bunch of players who are moany gits that fuck off with 78 minutes gone in the match?

There is hardly any loyalty left in football and it is a very transient career
It makes no difference if the player buys into a club and its supporters, so long as the player does his very well paid job whilst he is in employment of that club

I can see why a player like Hart really didn't want to leave. We are one of the top sides in England. A club with the best facilities in world football. 50 odd thousand home support and a chance of winning every trophy
Why would you want to lose that!

Joey Barton, who owed the club his career, couldn't wait to hand in a request to move to Middlesbro when we were very mediocre

Leave the emotion and passion to us fans, I want professionals delivering me trophies. same as I wanted professionals delivering my daughter last week, not people who love babies

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.