Is there a benefit to our players, manager etc being a "City fan"?

You forgot to mention sink pissing. Never forget to mention sink pissing.
I'm pretty sure all our lads have to engage in a bit of sink pissing on their first day in training before they're accepted as part of the group. I even heard that Bravo refused to take part and has been frozen out by his team mates, which could explain why he's having such a bad season...

Yes I think there is. The spirit shown in that QPR came from grit and determination that is shown when someone plays for the shirt. Zab, Vinnie, Sergio would all put there bodies on the line. Also remember the city players at Ewood park in 2000 all singing blue moon. You could see a connection between the fans and the players which is so important. Stories of players heading straight down the tunnel after Monaco away are totally unacceptable.

I wonder if the decision makers in the club see any value and benefit in players and staff being genuine fans of the club?

They can probably sense the attitude in training and match days like we can. If a player is a fan, then I think definitely they will be able to give a few extra percent of effort and passion on the pitch

Terry Phelan , Paul Stewart , Andy Hinchcliffe , Tony Vaughan , John Stones ....all converted from the dark side and didnt do to bad .

It is eluded thinking a £200k a week player who hardly gets a game is here due to being a fan.

Once they are washed out and failed at anything else the odd player then tries to cash in on being poor but scoring the odd significant goal, but it doesn't make them a fan.

Zabaletta and Kompany are faithful dogs for City. Silva and Aguero are puppies wagging their tail. Yaya is the errant giant one who's been brought into line.

Leave the emotion and passion to us fans, I want professionals delivering me trophies. same as I wanted professionals delivering my daughter last week, not people who love babies

Absolutely this. I don't care if they sing "glory glory Man Utd" before they go to sleep. As long as they fucking win every week who cares?

Don't blame him, have you ever been to the Golden Apple?

That sounds as though it's in 'bandit country' - up by the Ben Brierley, whereas all the 'gourmands' of Blackley, Harpurhey and Moston would have been down the shops at the Rochdale Road end of Moston Lane!

I generally drive down Moston Lane from Rochdale Road onto Conran Street if I want a quiet motor to the Etihad. 'Tis a fuckin' wasteland now! In the 50s and 60s it was positively thriving! What a shopping area should be - one of everything! What yer couldn't have bought in Dardick's would be something yer never needed!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.