Is there anything, apart from family stuff that can break your heart more than our teams?

Magicpole

Team supported
Celtic
I don't think so. The amount of times I have been totally gutted and in need of professional help through my team making a total arse of it is preposterously high.

Sometimes you ask yourself why you put yourself through it. Then you realise there's no escape. Ever.

Other things that drive me mental have never so far had the ability to make me a more miserable bastard than I usually am.

And, we pay good money for it.

I blame the parents.

Two weekends on the trot ruined!
Having said that, the sense of injustice made the Chelsea game harder to take than yesterday. Yesterday, we deserved everything we got and it could have been much worse.
I wish I had the mental strength to laugh it off like I did when we were crap all the time.

Two weekends on the trot ruined!
Having said that, the sense of injustice made the Chelsea game harder to take than yesterday. Yesterday, we deserved everything we got and it could have been much worse.
I wish I had the mental strength to laugh it off like I did when we were crap all the time.

We were just fighting our own shitness then. Now there's a hateful media and an army of bitter rags, dippers and gooners to contend with as well. I wish I could be more like GDM and be philosophical in defeat, but the reality, like last night, is that it agitates me to the point that I can't sleep. Blue Bastards!

It must make it easier and I tip my hat to your mental strength. What aspect of philosophy do you fall back on when we play like yesterday though?
I think our long term future is extremely bright; that the systemic, structural problems in our defence were always going to take a couple of years (at best) to address; that the Premier League is much tougher these days - and other teams around us will definitely have performances like yesterday; that I think we'll have a good go at the CL this season (and the Final's in Cardiff); and that shite performances from your team are part and parcel of being a football fan - we have had a much, much better deal in that regard than virtually every other football fan in the country over the last six years.

I'll take that.

I think our long term future is extremely bright; that the systemic, structural problems in our defence were always going to take a couple of years (at best) to address; that the Premier League is much tougher these days - and other teams around us will definitely have performances like yesterday; that I think we'll have a good go at the CL this season (and the Final's in Cardiff); and that shite performances from your team are part and parcel of being a football fan - we have had a much, much better deal in that regard than virtually every other football fan in the country over the last six years.

I'll take that.

Well said, GDM.

I like you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.