Is there anything we've missed?

DAGW

We've changed our stadium.
We've changed the players.
We've changed owners.
We've changed managers.
We've changed our badge.

What else is there to change that can turn this club around? is there something we've missed?

Short of changing our colours and name what else is there?

It seems to me that its just meant to be that we forever cock things up.

Different stadium, players, owners, managers, badge - same old city.

It gets down to smart people who know how to make a club successful on and off the pitch.

X marketing chiefs with little football experience and managers that have a modicum of success with limited budgets are not necessarily the answer to success on the pitch.

In the past we have lacked those people and quite likely we still do.

We have poor decisions from the top down and never had the resources in the past to build on the few decent players we have had at the club

Off the pitch things are as good as they have ever been so at least we have that going for us but unless we bring in the right people who can hire the right people who can bring in players that not only want prolonged success but know what to do on matchdays to get it we will not progress in the right way.

Dunne and Richards were regarded as being in the top 6 central defensive partnerships last season for most of last season and they do not become duds overnight so obviously there are problems motivational and spirit wise which could be prevelant throughout the playing group that needs changing and quickly.

The only known solution in the past that has worked with other clubs is to change the manager but with this group of players who knows.

PBLZ129 said:
We've changed owners.
We've changed managers.
We've changed our badge.

What else is there to change that can turn this club around? is there something we've missed?

Short of changing our colours and name what else is there?

It seems to me that its just meant to be that we forever cock things up.

Different stadium, players, owners, managers, badge - same old city.

bananas

PBLZ129 said:
We've changed owners.
We've changed managers.
We've changed our badge.

Exactly. Years and years of change are finally taking their toll on us and the club. I, along with most people thought this season was the season of change. After season upon season of hope and false dawns, we finally thought this was it. But it's not turning out that way. I think after decades of being called the most patient fans in the country, we're finally cracking. I think a lot of fans are just getting tired of all the change, all the promises, the failures and the disappointment.

Then we end up with an ex-Red (which is a big thing) as manager, the richest club in the world and both domestic cup competitions we enter, we get knocked out at the first round by minnows. I think peoples patience is wearing thin.

I think the changes are showing on the administration and playing side as well. We've been taken over twice in 2 years. Management changes in the administration front, changes in the actual manager, unrest amongst players etc. It's all adding up.

I think we just need to stop and consolidate. Keep Hughes, don't go mad in the transfer window and just settle for a year, maybe two. If we had realistic expectations, and the owners and manager came out and said that our aim in 2 years is to be a mid-table team, I'd be comforted by it. A lot of fans wouldn't like it, but at least we know where we stand. We're running around like a blue-arsed fly aiming for this, aiming for that, buying people, bringing in new faces all the time. It's just not healthy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.