Is there some settings to send me to the end of the thread when I post something?

so no option for this really. Other forum platforms just put you on the end of a thread, it's bit crap.

@Ric when I hit post and my post goes through it does not send me to the end of thread but on same page where I was before hitting post. It's OK in some regular threads but during matchday this usually means there is 2-3 pages of posts after and I have to refresh to end on last page.
if you want to read the unread posts after you've commented or quoted someone then your idea would make it impossible. I doubt it can be changed on a per thread basis so your idea for the matchday thread would wreck every other thread for every other member.

I'm afraid it's your idea that's a bit crap, not the way the forums set up.

It is a bit weird. You're skimming through a 15 page thread, and you see something on page 11 that you want to reply to. So, you type out your (in my case) brilliantly composed and startlingly insightful comment and you post it. When the page subsequently reloads, it opens at page 11, with your post in it, even though your post is actually on the last page of the thread. The De Bruyne transfer thread on THAT saturday night, when all the gifs were being posted, was a real challenge to keep up to speed on!

Also @Ric, you can start writing a post, think "no, Damo will just kill this", and delete it, then come back 3 hours later, find another comment you want to reply to, type out your reply, post, only to find the post you deleted 3 hours ago has hung around and gets posted with it, so you have to go back and delete it.

Can you change the post box so a delete is actually a delete?

so no option for this really. Other forum platforms just put you on the end of a thread, it's bit crap.

@Ric when I hit post and my post goes through it does not send me to the end of thread but on same page where I was before hitting post. It's OK in some regular threads but during matchday this usually means there is 2-3 pages of posts after and I have to refresh to end on last page.
#FirstWorldProblems

Also @Ric, you can start writing a post, think "no, Damo will just kill this", and delete it, then come back 3 hours later, find another comment you want to reply to, type out your reply, post, only to find the post you deleted 3 hours ago has hung around and gets posted with it, so you have to go back and delete it.

Can you change the post box so a delete is actually a delete?
There's an icon that looks like a floppy disk, click on it and delete draft.

It is a bit weird. You're skimming through a 15 page thread, and you see something on page 11 that you want to reply to. So, you type out your (in my case) brilliantly composed and startlingly insightful comment and you post it. When the page subsequently reloads, it opens at page 11, with your post in it, even though your post is actually on the last page of the thread. The De Bruyne transfer thread on THAT saturday night, when all the gifs were being posted, was a real challenge to keep up to speed on!

Finally someone who understands me :D

Finally someone who understands me :D

Ah right, I get you now! That's just the way the forum software works though, not sure if there's a way to fix it. Will look into it when I get a minute, but I assume it's only a problem on very fast moving threads (or if you're a very slow typer)?

Ah right, I get you now! That's just the way the forum software works though, not sure if there's a way to fix it. Will look into it when I get a minute, but I assume it's only a problem on very fast moving threads (or if you're a very slow typer)?

Also affects you if you're reading back through a thread and reply to something a few pages back, as @jimharri says. So, if I am on a 10 pages thread, and on page 6 I see a comment I want to respond to, I'll respond in the normal way, however, once I've posted it, I'm still on page 6, and my post looks like it's been added to page 6 instead of the end of the thread. That isn't actually the case, in reality my post has been added to the end of the thread so, if I were to go to page 10 I'd see my post, and if I were to then return to page 6 my post wouldn't be there anymore. It's a little confusing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.