Isco

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I had a glance at the starters today I just wondered who was gonna create the chances. We might have possession but where were the goal-scoring chances coming from. Behind the strikers the main deployment was in what I call 'destruction' of the opposition's offerings. Fernando is a destroyer and a simple defensive channel. He might get on the end of summat at a corner but he is not in any way 'creative'. Delph is a little more constructive and can score from outside the area but the constant stream of reasonable goal chances looked to be limited before we'd kicked off!
Exactly..Looked like a Championship early kickoff game tbh.We could still be playing right now and we wouldn't have scored.Our only sort of creativity comes from Silva or KDB,Yaya to an extent.When absent our MF is genuinely championship level with Delph and Fernando..No one who can affect games off the bench.Would take,and i think Pep would too,Isco any day,mans having an underrated season,over them two..Adds control and creativity to the team.

If he's available and the price is right then without question he's a player that would fit the profile of how we play! Should be a decent fee as coming to the last year of his contract and am sure he would like to play for pep

Not for me. Not good enough, we've already got great attacking players, we just need better full backs, a centre back and a big, skilful midfielder who can also tackle. Or a great defensive midfielder to complement our existing skilful players.

To the people saying he's a luxury, would you rather our reserves be who we played yesterday because they were atrocious

Exactly..Looked like a Championship early kickoff game tbh.We could still be playing right now and we wouldn't have scored.Our only sort of creativity comes from Silva or KDB,Yaya to an extent.When absent our MF is genuinely championship level with Delph and Fernando..No one who can affect games off the bench.Would take,and i think Pep would too,Isco any day,mans having an underrated season,over them two..Adds control and creativity to the team.

We do need second string with a good creative element. Yesterday was sorely lacking. I've not seen the highlights (next task) but I get the impression that 0-0 reflected what we thought of the starting eleven. The DT this morning was a little more gushing, even though they had a swipe at the orange shirts. Anyone who knows anything about PL football will know what kit teams would play in if a change were needed and it doesn't need to be part of any match report - unless yer having a swipe and trying to make it into something it isn't!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.