Isco

Status
Not open for further replies.
The perfect Pep midfielder is Thiago. And now that he's finally healthy this season, we can see his influence in that Bayern team. Thiago has the best defensive/tackling stat AND best offensive/passing stat in Europe.

The perfect Pep midfielder is Thiago. And now that he's finally healthy this season, we can see his influence in that Bayern team. Thiago has the best defensive/tackling stat AND best offensive/passing stat in Europe.

I think he was hoping Gundogan could be that for us.

We do in fact need a replacement for Silva. Buying Isco will have no impact whatsoever on our plans for our defense.
Well the impact on defense is we will have less money to spend on it lol. Also, if we buy isco he is starting and not being a sub to silva. Silva has 2 more seasons with us I reckon, we have so much youth who play a role similar to silva that it'd be a waste of money to buy isco. I don't understand some people's aversion to playing youth, look at everton now, Koeman calls up some promising U23s and all of them are performing great.

We currently have 3 destroyer type CMs Delph, Dihno and Nando. We don't necessarily need these type of player.

We will keep Dihno, the other 2 are not necessary. Isco can be retread as the type of DM Modric currently is. But different views I guess.
The other 2 are not necessary, and Dinho is going to turn 32 next seaosn, see the problem? Modric is not a DM, he plays one of the false 8 roles in madrids 4-3-3.

Well the impact on defense is we will have less money to spend on it lol. Also, if we buy isco he is starting and not being a sub to silva. Silva has 2 more seasons with us I reckon, we have so much youth who play a role similar to silva that it'd be a waste of money to buy isco. I don't understand some people's aversion to playing youth, look at everton now, Koeman calls up some promising U23s and all of them are performing great.

Right now when we need to rest Silva or KDB that means a game for Navas. Both Silva and Isco would get plenty of games. I personally don't think Diaz is ready to step into the first 11, nor do I want to emulate Everton. Finally we can spend 100 million on two fullbacks and a CB and still have plenty for Isco.

Right now when we need to rest Silva or KDB that means a game for Navas. Both Silva and Isco would get plenty of games. I personally don't think Diaz is ready to step into the first 11, nor do I want to emulate Everton. Finally we can spend 100 million on two fullbacks and a CB and still have plenty for Isco.
What do you mean right now? We can't do anything right now. Navas? That guy is gone and Roberts is taking his place. You don't want to emulate Everton's ability to get youth straight into premier league games, being given the chance and making a difference? Also Diaz is not stepping into the first 11, he would be a squad rotation player to silva, and make his way to starting 11 when he reaches 20 or so, like Foden.

With Girona very likely being in La Liga next season I think Diaz will be joining in loan next season for at least a season.

Using your logic, we don't need all that, we have Ota, Stones, Kolarov, Kompany, Adarabioyo, Dihno, Delph, Nando. See? It is easy to rattle off names.

We have KDB and Silva. Their lack of competition is why we keep playing KDB when he is off form right now. If we had Isco we'd have simply gone with the him and iced KDB as a starter for a while.

My vision of our core 20 squad would look like this.

Fwd: Jesus, "Mbappe", Sterling and Sane

Mids: Silva, Kev, Ilkay, Garcia, "Isco", Dihno

Def: "Semedo", Maffeo, Stones, Ota, Kolarov, "Bernat," Zichenko.

GK: "Ederson,' Bravo, Gunn

Ederson, Semedo, Bernat, Isco, Mbappe.

That will be my 5.

No because most of the examples you've rattled off I deliberately didn't mention, because apart from Kompany, Stones and Fernandinho the others are average at best and need replacing.

Most of our attackers are already good enough that we don't need to replace them. We'll also have Gundogan back for next season so there's extra midfield cover right there.

We currently have 3 destroyer type CMs Delph, Dihno and Nando. We don't necessarily need these type of player.

We will keep Dihno, the other 2 are not necessary. Isco can be retread as the type of DM Modric currently is. But different views I guess.

Delph and Fernando are both nowhere near the standard required. We need Kante standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.