Israeli diplomat scandal, why isn't this headline news..?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by blumoonrisen, 11 Jan 2017.

1. oakiecokie

oakiecokie

2. west didsblue

west didsblue

That reminds me of the ITV news coverage the morning after it happened. The rolling text at the bottom of the screen made it sound like the driver was caught and summarily executed after the event rather than killed during it to stop him, implying that the Israelis did something wrong.

3. blumoonrisen

blumoonrisen

Joiner / builder...enquiries welcome..!
    Ah right, I must have missed it cos I don't watch the news. Nothin to see here then.

4. Prestwich_Blue

Prestwich_Blue

We've expelled loads of Russians for spying, which includes blackmailing and bribing British politicians. Years ago, the Yanks tried to effectively mount a coup inside MI5 and grab control of it. And there was the plot to undermine and smear Harold Wilson, which was supposedly backed by Mountbatten. The NSA intercepted calls on Angela Merkel's mobile phone (and you can bet they did the same with others).

All major countries look to subvert or undermine politicians in other countries who they deem to be hostile to them. Masot's crime was getting stung and publicly shamed.

5. Helmet Cole

Helmet Cole

Very true, but in fairness while I'm sure that would have been the main news story in isreal the thing in the op was UK news so would naturally get more coverage.
    I don't write Galloway off as an idiot like many do here. Despite the big brother nonsense he's a very clever man, but although he knows his stuff on the middle east he can't really be seen as an unbiased commentator.

6. Kazzydeyna

Kazzydeyna

All very true but I do suspect if this had been an Iranian diplomat gifting £1m to a labour MP and promising to "bring down" a pro-Israel Tory we would have made much more of it.

The Wilson story is an interesting one which I've heard before. And I wouldn't put anything past Mountbatten, he was one evil evil bastard.

7. Ban-jani

Ban-jani

I don't think he's an idiot. If he was he wouldn't still have any sort of platform given how much of a **** he is. There's a video though of him denying previous things he's said, which each and every time just cuts back to him saying what he's denied, all caught on film. He's a liar, a shady bastard and a complete ****.

8. Prestwich_Blue

Prestwich_Blue

It probably received about as much coverage as this: http://www.middleeasteye.net/news/u...s-qatar-muslim-brotherhood-attacks-1058875159

It seems Mountbatten was initially prepared to be a figurehead for a coup of some sort but was advised that this would amount to treason, so he disassociated himself from it.

9. bluethrunthru

bluethrunthru

professional underacheiver
    NHS crisis......... Brexit......Donald Gump.......... just some of the things I suspect have bumped it off the news.........

10. stony

stony

Really? Those are the sort of words usually reserved for people like Hitler. What did Mountbatten do that was so offensive?