It all went downhill...

maccistani

When Kenny Jacket left imo.

When he was assisting Sven, we were winning more times that not (at home anyway), and playing the football we would willing work hard to pay for and see.

When he left, it all seemed to go wrong, and thus, we were utter garbage in the second half of last season, and now this.

Im thinking that although Hughes has inherited this, the £80m+ spent on players (some which admitadley were forced upon him by a thai take out), but in the end of the day, I would expect us to be at least mid table, and within a shout of Europe at this stage, and of course not being humiliated by our lacksture, pisstake performance against a team more of a shambles than us.

Anyway, good on ADUG only giving hughes a small pot to piss in, if he blows the £40m, there will still be plenty more money in the vault for the next manager, and likewise, if he does well, and invests wisely, then summer will be a time of major changes, with no doubt the club shop in overdrive selling shirts to the masses with the latest signing on the back, and the old confined to the back of the wardrobe to remind us all of worse times.

maccistani said:
with no doubt the club shop in overdrive selling shirts to the masses with the latest signing on the back, and the old confined to the back of the wardrobe to remind us all of worse times.

I'm too old to wear a replica shirt. In my opinion they do not look good on the backs of those over playing age - 35 ish....especially if the wearer sports a beer gut.

If I did decide to buy a current Thomas Cook shirt though there is no way I'd have any name on it other than my own.

Sadly, in recent years a namesake has arrived in the first eleven, and I consider him to be a bit of a lummox. So, now I'd be forced to dip into the archive of team sheets and choose a name from the past. I shall ponder awhile. 'Wagstaffe' might be a contender, for he wore the number 11, as did I in my meagre playing days.

Meantime, how long before City sport Arabic script on the front of their shirts? .. having sent Cook's the same way SAAB, PHILLIPS and FIRST ADVICE ?

oneofthe8015 said:
maccistani said:
with no doubt the club shop in overdrive selling shirts to the masses with the latest signing on the back, and the old confined to the back of the wardrobe to remind us all of worse times.

I'm too old to wear a replica shirt. In my opinion they do not look good on the backs of those over playing age - 35 ish....especially if the wearer sports a beer gut.

If I did decide to buy a current Thomas Cook shirt though there is no way I'd have any name on it other than my own.

Sadly, in recent years a namesake has arrived in the first eleven, and I consider him to be a bit of a lummox. So, now I'd be forced to dip into the archive of team sheets and choose a name from the past. I shall ponder awhile. 'Wagstaffe' might be a contender, for he wore the number 11, as did I in my meagre playing days.

Meantime, how long before City sport Arabic script on the front of their shirts? .. having sent Cook's the same way SAAB, PHILLIPS and FIRST ADVICE ?

Yer never too old for the shirt. I'm 62 and I got a name on the rossoneri second change this time. The Brazilian version of my wife's name. So nobody could ever say I don't take my wife to the match and carry her on my back all the way from the carpark.
David Wagstaffe - great little winger. Saw him and Neil Young take the P outta Spuds one Saturday in the 60s. Just after Spuds ad won some Euro comp so no archive footage. 6-2 as I recall and someone had told the BBC that Spuds were on the telly too much and went an chose another

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
oneofthe8015 said:

Yer never too old for the shirt. I'm 62 and I got a name on the rossoneri second change this time. The Brazilian version of my wife's name. So nobody could ever say I don't take my wife to the match and carry her on my back all the way from the carpark.
David Wagstaffe - great little winger. Saw him and Neil Young take the P outta Spuds one Saturday in the 60s. Just after Spuds ad won some Euro comp so no archive footage. 6-2 as I recall and someone had told the BBC that Spuds were on the telly too much and went an chose another

I rememebr the 6-2 drubbing. And I thinkl Dave Ewing laid out a 'Spur' by blasting a free kick to their head. I wasn't there that day for some reason...though I was probablt there a fortnight later, and a fortnight before.

I missed the'ballet on ice ' too --- off in a lorry wi'me Dad. Saw a fair few tussles with Tottenham though, home and away.

Big Dave Ewing eh? What a collossus...and average player to boot. If heart were skill he'd have been up there with the best.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.