"It gets better"...

My wife's dad died 8 years ago, she went to bits and gets quite upset quite often still. I think its really affected her deep down and she's not the person she used to be. She saw a councilor early on but he just said everythings normal and that was it. I've pushed her into going again and she's on the waiting list.
I've learnt there's nothing really you can do if someone is so upset I just got "you don't understand". No I don't but I know (and I've told him this) that I'll be upset but I wont be so upset when he dies and he understands. Maybe im tougher maybe i have more backbone or maybe im just insensitive.
I went with my father in law yesterday to have his dog put down. He was in buckets of tears. His mrs was distraught and my wife and kids were crying about it. I just thought it was a shame.
Am i a ****? Or am I mentally strong?
To be honest I get fucked off when my mrs starts going on about her dad now as its been so long. I don't want to sit around being morbid about it I feel it would encourage her like it has in the past.

Re: "It gets better"...

The Pope said:
My wife's dad died 8 years ago, she went to bits and gets quite upset quite often still. I think its really affected her deep down and she's not the person she used to be. She saw a councilor early on but he just said everythings normal and that was it. I've pushed her into going again and she's on the waiting list.
I've learnt there's nothing really you can do if someone is so upset I just got "you don't understand". No I don't but I know (and I've told him this) that I'll be upset but I wont be so upset when he dies and he understands. Maybe im tougher maybe i have more backbone or maybe im just insensitive.
I went with my father in law yesterday to have his dog put down. He was in buckets of tears. His mrs was distraught and my wife and kids were crying about it. I just thought it was a shame.
To be honest I get fucked off when my mrs starts going on about her dad now as its been so long. I don't want to sit around being morbid about it I feel it would encourage her like it has in the past.

Mate, don't want to dampen the thread or anything but if he died 8 years ago how did you go with him to get a dog put down yesterday?

Re:

BimboBob said:
The Pope said:

Mate, don't want to dampen the thread or anything but if he died 8 years ago how did you go with him to get a dog put down yesterday?

HAHA! sorry, her father died, and her mam remarried so I just refer to her new husband as my father in law now.

Re: "It gets better"...

The Pope said:
BimboBob said:
The Pope said:

HAHA! sorry, her father died, and her mam remarried so I just refer to her new husband as my father in law now.

Righto.

Carry on...

Ducado said:
I am quite philosophical about it all, visit any grave yard and you will soon come face to face with your own mortality and realise that life is pretty short even for those who live to a great age, in fact you begin to realise that nothing is actually that important in the way we think of it, the most important thing is to love and be happy.
Well said

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.