Italy

journolud

Thinking of Italy for a holiday. Any advice on good places to stay with beaches and reasonably close to a bit of history?

The Island of Ischia is beautiful, fly to Naples, boat to Island. Fabulous beaches and cheaper than Capri.

Last year , I flew to Rome for a couple of nights, train to Naples for the same then off down the Calabrian a Coast .
Couldn't recommend it enough. Tons of history, stunning food , loads to do .

Amalfi coast is beautiful. If you want true Italy (imo) head south. We stopped in a little village near Calabria a few years ago and it was gorgeous, we stopped on a vineyard pretty much but had access to good beaches within 30 minutes. Just got to watch out for the mafiosa ;)

Done quite a bit of Serie A over the years. Generally based in Milan. Went to Juve last year to watch the boys.

It's a stunning country. Absolutely incredible place.

The south is better for a 2 weeker but if your after that type of holiday (Benidorm style) then your in the wrong country.

Great cars, great Woman. Also some outstanding architecture/buildings.

If I was to reccomend a certain place it would be Florence. All I can say to that city is fucking wow

Don't want to hijack the thread! But managed to snag a ridiculous deal to Verona that covers the Champions League final weekend. Obv if City make it then that's my itinerary sorted ;) but being realistic, best way to spend 3 days in that region? Day trip to Venice? Milan? Lake Garda? Only been to Rome and Sardinia before so not familiar with the north of the country.

TIA.

Milan is quite industrial I think you'd enjoy Venice more for a day. Even though it's touristy it is beautiful and well worth seeing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.