ITK: Bad news on Petrov

bluemoon555 said:
Mills-Mcfc said:
eduardo plays again
petrov plays again

good point there m8 eduardos was much worse!!

Not neccesarily, wasn't Eduardos a fractured distal tib/fib ? Petrovs injury involved the meniscus/ligament which can be much more chronic in terms of whether it heals or not. Petrovs had trouble with his knee before he came to City. Can't believe he was allowed to play for Bulgaria so soon after recovering from an injury, the club should have said NO !!!.

Oh how we have missed him whippin them crosses in this season, he'll be back!

just as an aside and i know people will say who the fuck cares but i have heard that owen hargreaves will never play again. not heard the petrov one. but honestly hope both these rumours are rubbish. ok he plays for the rags but i rated hargreaves and we have obviously missed petrov this season. last season we had no right sided attacking players and we think we have sorted that with swp and now we have no left sided ones to whip the ball in.

bobmcfc said:
for the price we paid for petrov 4.7m , i dont think weve ever done a better piece of business

Shaun Goater?
Andy Morrison?
Colin Bell?

I reckon I could name 20 before Petrov easily.

As I recall, Petrov did his medial ligaments. He's already had anterior ligament damage repaired surgically ( injury he was coming back from when the Bulgarian manager decided back to back international games would be a good run out -tosser)

His comeback, given his age, has to be in doubt. But that's not necessarily from a physical injury standpoint. Petrov's game is all about pace and to get that back he would need at least 9 months to a year post op. You can't surgiccally repair knee ligaments without compromising muscle and it will waste further during recovery period. He might be jogging now and in 6 to 8 weeks running. Give it until March and, he'll be really building muscle and geting fit. But will he ever properly sprint again? You have to say it's a doubt. He might, but it's a hell of a lot of work and determination he needs now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.