It's a real possibility that Sven maybe in charge by March

I'd have him back without a doubt.

With Sven here, our chances of attracting the best players in the World would be so much greater than they are now

Blue Mooner said:
Disturbance said:
If you're going to use that argument then you should consider that under Sven we would be on 27 pts now based on results in the equivalent fixtures last season.

Not quite sure I follow your logic. I wasn't picking specific games for comparison merely making the point that we have had harder home games the first half of the season vs easier home games the first half of last season.

If you follow that logic through the top four typically only lose 4/5 games at home all season therefore its 'likely' that you will lose these games home or away. However, we are far more likley to win home games than away games so to have the easier home fixtures first half of the season logically means you would get more points in the first half than the second.

What you could do is pick out the games we have played this season and compare them to how we did last season in the correspondng fixtures. The only difficulty with that is the teams that have come up this season are arguably stronger than last season.

Just looked into the comparable fixtures from last season and if you take out the Hull and Stoke games as it is difficult to do a fair comparison. (Particularly when you consider Derby !!!) On the 15 comparable fixtures Hughes has amassed 14 points to Svens 20 points. So very very crudely people are effectively advocating Sven over Hughes on the basis of 2 wins.

If you consider that we are the second top scorers in the division (ahead of the rags) and our goal difference is the sixth best in the division that tells me that we are a better team than our results and league position currently would tell us.

Keep the faith.

Blue Mooner said:
Just looked into the comparable fixtures from last season and if you take out the Hull and Stoke games as it is difficult to do a fair comparison. (Particularly when you consider Derby !!!) On the 15 comparable fixtures Hughes has amassed 14 points to Svens 20 points. So very very crudely people are effectively advocating Sven over Hughes on the basis of 2 wins.

If you consider that we are the second top scorers in the division (ahead of the rags) and our goal difference is the sixth best in the division that tells me that we are a better team than our results and league position currently would tell us.

Keep the faith.

6 points is still a significant difference and even at the end of the season can mean a finish 4 or 5 places higher. Even without that though I just don't think the signs are good. I was prepared to give Hughes time and thought he deserved at least a full season when he was brought in. In recent weeks however we've gone backwards and Hughes seems to get increasingly worse.

His treatment of Elano for example, he needs to learn how to manage the players we've got to get the best out of them, he can't just rely on signing a whole new team. Starting Robinho last night, there was absolutely no need to and that has meant he will be missing on Sunday. The final straw for me is that Bellamy went on record to say that Hughes tried to sign him in the summer. Basically I don't trust Hughes to spend the money on 'top class' players that we need for where we want to be. He seems to have pissed off enough of the current playing staff because he can't manage them and this is contributing to our poor form. So if he needs to sign a whole new team then he has a hell of a job to assemble one that want to play for him and will finish higher than 9th come May. Because if we finish outside the top 6 let alone lower than 9th then the season will be considered an utter failure given the squad he started with. Robinho would then almost certainly leave and we'd take a huge step back. I'd rather not take that risk with a manager whose never won anything as we will lose a lot of momentum.

We don't get fooled again

noose-lg-716525.jpg

The Fat el Hombre said:
All this Sven talk is embarrassing and small time, people have very short memories
The football we played in the second half of last season was dire, I'm not saying it's great now, but to make out as though Hughes is a disgrace and Sven is the messiah is way off the mark.

Bring us Mourinho!
Sven? Small time? He's one of the best managers in world football. Granted we were shit in the second half of last season but that dosen't make him a bad manager, just like the fact were shit in the first half of this season dosen't make Hughes a bad manager.
At the end of last season most were singing his name and were furious when he was sacked and now we're too good for him?

Anyway, i still think Hughes should be given more time.

NO. he was shite with England and shite with City. MH is left with his crap. The guy is a joke he dosen't understand the EPL.

Disturbance said:
Blue Mooner said:

Keep the faith.

6 points is still a significant difference and even at the end of the season can mean a finish 4 or 5 places higher. Even without that though I just don't think the signs are good. I was prepared to give Hughes time and thought he deserved at least a full season when he was brought in. In recent weeks however we've gone backwards and Hughes seems to get increasingly worse.

His treatment of Elano for example, he needs to learn how to manage the players we've got to get the best out of them, he can't just rely on signing a whole new team. Starting Robinho last night, there was absolutely no need to and that has meant he will be missing on Sunday. The final straw for me is that Bellamy went on record to say that Hughes tried to sign him in the summer. Basically I don't trust Hughes to spend the money on 'top class' players that we need for where we want to be. He seems to have pissed off enough of the current playing staff because he can't manage them and this is contributing to our poor form. So if he needs to sign a whole new team then he has a hell of a job to assemble one that want to play for him and will finish higher than 9th come May. Because if we finish outside the top 6 let alone lower than 9th then the season will be considered an utter failure given the squad he started with. Robinho would then almost certainly leave and we'd take a huge step back. I'd rather not take that risk with a manager whose never won anything as we will lose a lot of momentum.

That's what worries me. It's how he's selecting and deploying our current squad .

blue1969 said:
NO. he was shite with England and shite with City. MH is left with his crap. The guy is a joke he dosen't understand the EPL.
I don't think Sven was shite with England, look at his competitive record:

P33
W23
D7
L3

The media always moan about how shit every England manager unless we win every game. Also, I don't think he was shite with City (except at the end), which is why most fans were backing him 'till the end.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.