It's not Pellers..It's not even the team..

I think yesterday was the day when our chickens finally came home to roost. let's face it guys we have been bang average all season. The mantra that we are still in 4 comps has masked the fact that we have massively underperformed and it's the boss that needs to take responsibility for that. I think Deplh's interview before the match was telling, he pretty well said that we have a game plan it doesn't matter about the opponents. Get the feeling that Pelle does not even consider the best way to approach any given game, we all knew what Leicester were about but we still went will a slow back 4, is it arrogance or just piss poor preparation or a bit of both. I notice that Pep has 1 guy in his back room staff whose primary job is to study upcoming opposition, guess it is stating the obvious but we don't do that at present.

We have been carried this season by 4 players- Hart, dinho, Kdb and Aguero everyone else has been well below the expected levels. We may be in 4 comps but by end of month it could all be pretty much over. Best chance now of trophy is league cup final but how is Pelle gonna approach that game. Dippers will operate a high press, surely we have got to have our runners in the middle Delph/dinho with Nando shielding the back 4 but will that happen?

Injuries have played a massive part that's for sure. Leicester remind me of Liverpool 2 years ago- few injuries, only the league to play and a good team ethic, if we can't pull it back I hope they go on to win it...

Because as managers they see a bigger picture, what's to come, priorities, what players are needed and when.
I'm in agreement with everyone that Sagna, Clichy and i'd even put Humphries in front of Demi to be honest but I also see why he can't play them in "every" game whilst we've got the injury issues we've got.
We look at it from our point of view, put yourself in his position fighting on all four fronts, you simply can't play the same back four every week.
Just to add to that when we didn't have the injuries at the start of the season and wasn't fighting in four competitions at once it showed what we can do getting 5 clean sheets back to back with Mangala & Kompany playing together, our two longest and biggest loses of the season.

The whole point of this thread is to suggest if we didn't have the injuries then we wouldn't be in the position we are now and that is correct, to suggest otherwise I find insane.

Should questions be being asked of the fitness and medical team at the club? The amount of muscle injuries seems ridiculous and suggests the preparation before and during the season hasn't been correct.

I think yesterday was the day when our chickens finally came home to roost. let's face it guys we have been bang average all season. The mantra that we are still in 4 comps has masked the fact that we have massively underperformed and it's the boss that needs to take responsibility for that. I think Deplh's interview before the match was telling, he pretty well said that we have a game plan it doesn't matter about the opponents. Get the feeling that Pelle does not even consider the best way to approach any given game, we all knew what Leicester were about but we still went will a slow back 4, is it arrogance or just piss poor preparation or a bit of both. I notice that Pep has 1 guy in his back room staff whose primary job is to study upcoming opposition, guess it is stating the obvious but we don't do that at present.

We have been carried this season by 4 players- Hart, dinho, Kdb and Aguero everyone else has been well below the expected levels. We may be in 4 comps but by end of month it could all be pretty much over. Best chance now of trophy is league cup final but how is Pelle gonna approach that game. Dippers will operate a high press, surely we have got to have our runners in the middle Delph/dinho with Nando shielding the back 4 but will that happen?

Injuries have played a massive part that's for sure. Leicester remind me of Liverpool 2 years ago- few injuries, only the league to play and a good team ethic, if we can't pull it back I hope they go on to win it...

Totally agree, if plan A doesn't work we are basically fucked against a decent outfit. Our results against virtually every decent side we have met this season proves this. Our central defence gets lot's of stick, rightly so, but the way we set up in front of a struggling back line with virtually no protection is appallingly naive from the management team.

You'd think someone with an engineering qualification would realise you can't flog dead horses just because they've produced in the recent past, blood a youngster in from time to time during a long season and rest our established players but this is obviously not Pelligrini's policy, his policy smacks of laziness and complacency. "Well I played our best players who aren't injured, what else could I do?" appears to be his mantra. Thank goodness Pep is coming.

Absolutely. There's not a single player at our club who is a better player than when Pellegrini took over. He's even managed to make our new signings since he's been here worse than they were at their previous clubs.

Have you seen the age of our squad? Notwithstanding that Kun, Toure, Silva, have had their best footballing season EVER under MP.

The comment about new signings is frankly horseshit.

What happened to the "news is out now he is gone, Pep is coming and no matter what, he will get my full support for the rest of the season" attitude that was prevalent the last week on here?

Just asking....

i think you`ll find you may be on your own or in a very small group who think yaya and silva have had their BEST FOOTBALLING SEASON

He didn't say this season though did he?

League and cup double, record goals scored and points won season.

All those players had incredible seasons.

I remember it well, pity some have forgotten it so quickly.

He didn't say this season though did he?

League and cup double, record goals scored and points won season.

All those players had incredible seasons.

I remember it well, pity some have forgotten it so quickly.

No one has forgotten. That doesn't mean they or the manager get a pass for what has gone on this season. Pellers gets no pass for constantly playing Yaya or for failing to deal with how other teams set out and a ton of players get no pass for performances that range from truly terrible to ones that come close to I Don't Give A Shit. We've seen some terrible performances collectively and individually, even in games where we win despite barely turning up.

No one minds losing. We mind bizarre tactics and lack of fight.

No one has forgotten. That doesn't mean they or the manager get a pass for what has gone on this season. Pellers gets no pass for constantly playing Yaya or for failing to deal with how other teams set out and a ton of players get no pass for performances that range from truly terrible to ones that come close to I Don't Give A Shit. We've seen some terrible performances collectively and individually, even in games where we win despite barely turning up.

No one minds losing. We mind bizarre tactics and lack of fight.

Some have forgotten it and a small few fail to even acknowledge it and claim it as a victory for a past manager.

That said, I agree with you in that both manager and player performances of late, culminating in the debacle that was Leicester is simply not good enough.

I differ in that many things are to blame for our form this season, injuries, players off form and yes, mistakes from the manager rather than the one cap fits all of Pellegrini's is a useless **** which rears its head on here everytime we drop points

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.