It's not Pellers..It's not even the team..

He didn't say this season though did he?

League and cup double, record goals scored and points won season.

All those players had incredible seasons.

I remember it well, pity some have forgotten it so quickly.
New manager bounce ;)

Fuck me we could do with a dose of that right now.

Roll on the summer.
A fantastic new manger, some quality additions, ditch the wasters, and playing with some discipline and tactical nous again. Can't wait mate.

there is a lot of truth in what you're saying. for me, i feel the reason leicester are doing even better than they should is due to the fact theyve had next to no injuries. the spine of their team has stayed intact for the majority of the season. take nothing away from them theyve been awesome but its true. how many games have hart, kompany, silva and aguero played together this season?

A fantastic new manger, some quality additions, ditch the wasters, and playing with some discipline and tactical nous again. Can't wait mate.

No, neither can i.

Leicester was a final straw for me.

Thanks for the memories but the king is dead, long live the king.

A thorough assessment of the sqaud will now happen and Pep will get what he wants of that ive no doubt both ins and outs.

Happy days.

I agree but this isn't the first season we have had to put up with injuries to our best players. We have done so over the last 3 or 4 seasons.

We won the league in 11/12 with one of our best players on strike all seasons. And over the next 3 seasons we have had constant injuries to our best players, yet our performances have never dipped to the shambolic levels of this season.

The warning signs have been there for the best part of a year now. Even during our run of 9 in a row last season I was still scratching my head wondering how we were winning games because we had been awful. And not long after, the Burnley and Boro performances were pretty much the start of what we are seeing now.

So with that in mind, and the fact that every man and his dog knows how injury prone our best players are, to not strengthen certain areas over the summer is 100% our own fault. We all knew relying on Aguero was a risk, we all knew the centre of midfield was low on quality and we all knew left back was a problem, yet all we did was spend £100m on two attacking midfielders. Being honest I'm yet to see proof that either actually make us a better team.

So yeah we have been unlucky but we have also been utterly careless in our planning. Funnily enough, that could also be said about our pre match planning.

Good summary that mate , I cheered and sang his name in the double season but I'm fucked if I'm going to keep getting the Kleenex out for something he did three seasons ago.

If we hadn't of announced Pep last week there would have been boos ringing round the stadium, as it is the whole fan base is sat on its hands in apathy watching this shit unfold week after week.

It doesn't matter who the team is on the day it's still his formations they are playing and they are flawed.

Who in there right mind expects a team of thirty year olds to play the system he is playing ? They all look burnt out and disinterested. Any team and I mean any team with younger mobile players are taking the piss out of us- if it wasn't for Joe saving one on ones every week we would be fucked.

No, neither can i.

Leicester was a final straw for me.

Thanks for the memories but the king is dead, long live the king.

A thorough assessment of the sqaud will now happen and Pep will get what he wants of that ive no doubt both ins and outs.

Happy days.

It's not happy bloody days at the moment. No one is more delighted than me that Pep is on his way but we need Pellegrini to shape up and get pragmatic now.

I think it is true that Pellegrini benefited from the defense and organisation that Mancini put together and that this has unraveled under him. The lack of defensive organisation when defending set pieces is scary.

I would liken our situation now to that of Arsenal in the last decade. When Wenger first took over he inherited a solid defense and keeper who loved defending and clean sheets more than anything. Initially he helped them by putting great, hardworking midfielders (Petit and Viera) in front of them and then having four talented attackers. As time went on defending seemed less important (it was a gradual process as they could still defend well in their last title season when the defensive had largely changed) and attacking was everything. This resulted in a barren period stretching years when getting fourth place was considered success.

At this point in time I would settle for winning the League Cup and finishing in the top four. With the backing our club has this is below what we should be achieving and I think most of it is due to tacticss and not just injuries. It has been going on for years - remember the Bayern player saying that he could not believe how much freedom they had when playing us? Whenever I watch us nowadays I always expect the opposition (no matter how lowly) to score first.

Great, trophy winning teams do not concede goals easily. We need to go back to basics and aim for clean sheets rather than cricket scores. Bobby did this when he arrived and it was the platform on which our later success was built.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.