Its now easier to say goodbye to the old guard?

DJBusinesscake

So we have had a very similar squad since 2011ish, and as a result I have become very attached to the city players, Zabba, Kompany, Kolorov, Toure, Hart, Silva, Nasri ETC all have been with us for many years. I normally hate change and a few months ago when the age of our squad was being used as a media weapon to beat us with, I was pretty sad that we would lose some of these players. I was sad to see Dzeko leave for the same reasons. These guys were vital in helping smash to the next level of English football and bring us home our first pieces of silverware.

However...

The past few months have been so painful, im staggered we are still (not for long im sure) in all 4 comps. And as a result I feel that my connection to the players has loosened and I wouldn't be half as sad to say my goodbyes this summer. So this horrible form may make the transitional phase with Pep easier for us? Cash in on some of our old guard now and bring in young and hungry players.

I worry that the 'legends' of some of these players could be tarnished if they stay and continue to disappoint. Toure and my favourite player Zabba are the two I worry most about In this respect.

So we have had a very similar squad since 2011ish, and as a result I have become very attached to the city players, Zabba, Kompany, Kolorov, Toure, Hart, Silva, Nasri ETC all have been with us for many years. I normally hate change and a few months ago when the age of our squad was being used as a media weapon to beat us with, I was pretty sad that we would lose some of these players. I was sad to see Dzeko leave for the same reasons. These guys were vital in helping smash to the next level of English football and bring us home our first pieces of silverware.

However...

The past few months have been so painful, im staggered we are still (not for long im sure) in all 4 comps. And as a result I feel that my connection to the players has loosened and I wouldn't be half as sad to say my goodbyes this summer. So this horrible form may make the transitional phase with Pep easier for us? Cash in on some of our old guard now and bring in young and hungry players.

I worry that the 'legends' of some of these players could be tarnished if they stay and continue to disappoint. Toure and my favourite player Zabba are the two I worry most about most In this respect.
Why would Zaba have his legacy tarnished?

The difficulty for the club and the fans it to offload these kind of players whilst there's something still left in the tank. Replacements for the likes of Kompers, Zab, Yaya and Silva, twenty one or two year old versions come with an astronomical price, if yer can get 'em. Hence the fury to produce something over the road that is a cost effective replacement. I remember Bert Trautmann finishing. It was the end of the world for me! It took me some time to recover!!

Why would Zaba have his legacy tarnished?
He is clearly not the same player, due to age and injuries, if he was to stay I worry that fans could start getting on his back. Im not saying it will happen or that is has happened, just that it could, and I would hate to see that happen to zabba.

In terms of his legacy I will forever remember him for the warrior that he is, however some people have short memories and only think of the here and now, just look at Toure.

The difficulty for the club and the fans it to offload these kind of players whilst there's something still left in the tank. Replacements for the likes of Kompers, Zab, Yaya and Silva, twenty one or two year old versions come with an astronomical price, if yer can get 'em. Hence the fury to produce something over the road that is a cost effective replacement. I remember Bert Trautmann finishing. It was the end of the world for me! It took me some time to recover!!

Liverpool just got a Kompany-a-like for nothing. They're available, but not big names.

Couldn't agree more. Think of those you mentioned only Hart and Vinnie are safe when Pep comes in.

My issue is with people saying we can't be angry with Yaya cause of what he's done for the club, and whilst I'll always be grateful for what he's done in terms of the 2011 FA Cup, 13/14 league etc. this season it's getting harder and harder to defend someone who looks like he just can't be bothered to play for the club. I know he's getting on and his legs aren't what they were, but for the 250k a week he's on I expect more from one of our leading players, especially when the going gets tough like this. Of all the "big" players this year, he's the one that has let me down the most.

I'd change that remark about Zab before you get slaughtered on here,I don't know how old you are but you will have never seen such a commited player to this club like he has been,on and off the field,his legacy could never be tarnished,and am sure plenty will agree

I had that same feeling where Shauny left us the first time in 2005, I was gutted haha.

I'd change that remark about Zab before you get slaughtered on here,I don't know how old you are but you will have never seen such a commited player to this club like he has been,on and off the field,his legacy could never be tarnished,and am sure plenty will agree
I don't know why, im 24, Zabba has been my favourite player for 6 years, im worried that others may start to get on his back due to him not being in his prime anymore. Toure has almost single handily won us cups the past few years, yet look at how fans are now turning on him. I would hate the same to happen to zabba.

I don't know why, im 24, Zabba has been my favourite player for 6 years, im worried that others may start to get on his back due to him not being in his prime anymore. Toure has almost single handily won us cups the past few years, yet look at how fans are now turning on him. I would hate the same to happen to zabba.
I realise this SHOULD NOT happen, but fans can have short memories and be very fickle.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.