Its now easier to say goodbye to the old guard?

You support a football club that didn't win a single thing in a generation, 35 long years, and you've got a man there called Yaya Toure who scored 2 Wembley goals, one being against Utd and one the winner in an FA Cup final, to fire us to that first trophy in a generation.

That same player, during a tense game that was goalless, scored an absolute beauty from outside the box, with 20 mins left in the second to last game of a league winning season, before adding to it with just minutes left, to send us on our way to win our first league title for 44 years.

That same player then got an assist for the opening goal in a game that won us our first league title in 44 years.

That same player then scored what's probably the best strike at New Wembley since it's opening to equal the game, before we went on to win our first league cup since 1976.

He did that last one in a season where he pretty much spear headed our 2nd league winning campaign in 46 years by scoring over 20 goals from a deep central midfield position, in what's probably the greatest display of central midfield play in a season, in Premier League history...

... And you think his legacy is tarnished because his legs have now gone this past year?

That and you singling Zaba out, oh deary me. Wtf have some of our fans become.
His contribution to the cause will never be in doubt but he and his agent have let themselves down at times and his attitude could be called into question a lot . This is why the achievements you list are often forgotten about.

I think we need to avoid clinging onto players for the sake of it. There is no player I'd be happy to see the back of but if they aren't performing and don't want to be here then there is no reason to keep them here. Richards was one we all loved a couple of years back and some were suggesting putting him in as a striker just so there would be a reason to keep him here. There was obviously a reason we don't know about to explain why he barely played under two different managers and even at a national level.

I think Pep will bring a wind of change and he will get rid of both players that don't fit and also those who aren't going to commit to the cause and we have to prepared that it could be anyone.

I must admit lads, now almost a week has past, ive very much sobered up and thought about it a lot, I regret making this silly thread. I know what I meant when writing it, but I feel I didn't get my point across :(. FFS I said things about Zaba!! I must have been off my head!!!!

I must admit lads, now almost a week has past, ive very much sobered up and thought about it a lot, I regret making this silly thread. I know what I meant when writing it, but I feel I didn't get my point across :(. FFS I said things about Zaba!! I must have been off my head!!!!

Surely someone hacked your account, whilst you was pissed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.