It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
One site is claiming Newcastle were about to sign him but he got the call from Pep but also that he's going off to Girona.

Bizarre if true, meaning Pep can call a player Benitez is lining up to play in the Prem, & persuade him to go & play for a small club in Spain.

24 goals for Austria Wien.

It's popped up online now too.

We've got him but I think the Newcastle bit is exaggerated.

One site is claiming Newcastle were about to sign him but he got the call from Pep but also that he's going off to Girona.

Bizarre if true, meaning Pep can call a player Benitez is lining up to play in the Prem, & persuade him to go & play for a small club in Spain.

24 goals for Austria Wien.
Might be part of a plan to sell bony to Newcastle

Lack of pace might be an issue as well, given how high up the pitch we defend. I must admit I liked the look of him at Boro - rugged, but a decent ball player into the bargain - but as you say there's a world of difference between defending on the edge of your own box with 5 team mates within spitting distance, and defending on the half way line with the nearest team mate 30 yards away

Which is surely why keeping Mangala, in whom we have invested a lot of money, might not be the worst option. He's a walking muscle but with pace to burn and I think he is better on the ball than many wish to credit him; I think he is a bit deceptive in that regard because he often looks ungainly (best description I can think of) when passing. His pass completion percentage is consistently in the high eighties so there's surely something there that Pep can work on. It's what's going on in his head that Pep most needs to tackle and the boy is not stupid so I have hope that Pep can coach Manga into a very useful squad member. The issue that won't go away is that he is another player who will look better alongside Vinnie but can't substitute for Vinnie.

Which is surely why keeping Mangala, in whom we have invested a lot of money, might not be the worst option. He's a walking muscle but with pace to burn and I think he is better on the ball than many wish to credit him; I think he is a bit deceptive in that regard because he often looks ungainly (best description I can think of) when passing. His pass completion percentage is consistently in the high eighties so there's surely something there that Pep can work on. It's what's going on in his head that Pep most needs to tackle and the boy is not stupid so I have hope that Pep can coach Manga into a very useful squad member. The issue that won't go away is that he is another player who will look better alongside Vinnie but can't substitute for Vinnie.

He unquestionably has his strengths Mangala, but that propensity to hesitate or panic under pressure would be a real concern, as we saw yet again in that pre-season game against West Ham when he got mugged from behind receiving a short pass from the keeper. Where he might be useful is against lone fliers like Rashford or Vardy, whom he totally owned in a 0-0 at the King Power 2 years ago

It's going a bit far signing every forward in world football just so Bony is the only option left... Needs must I suppose lol :)

200.gif

Don't get signing this bloke koyade is it? Unless pep actually thinks he is an option for us he doesn't fit the buy to sell model as he is 24, 25 when he returns from his loan regardless of how well he does he will end up like bony and nasri people only wanting to loan him as they know he has no place in our squad.

Don't get signing this bloke koyade is it? Unless pep actually thinks he is an option for us he doesn't fit the buy to sell model as he is 24, 25 when he returns from his loan regardless of how well he does he will end up like bony and nasri people only wanting to loan him as they know he has no place in our squad.

Think it might be to just generally strengthen Girona. If he has a great campaign then go from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.