It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is a hugely frustrating part of our club these days...Unless they cost and arm and a leg players don't get much of a chance with us. If we signed 22 year old CDM Vincent Kompany for £6mil tomorrow he'd be out the door before he was 24

Fans on here are just as bad... Amount of times I read that player just simply wouldn't be good enough for us is ridiculous. Suggested we should look at someone like Idrissa Gueye last season, instantly shut down because he played for Aston Villa.. Everton snap him up for £7mil and he's been their 2nd best player this season.
Your player evaluation always leave me impressed.
Here was my response to this comment about Kante
Hopefully Pep signs him to play the role Vidal plays for Bayern.

Unbelievable engine, pressing machine and a good passer. That type of player in a midfield trio with two players who are brilliant technically (Weigl & Pogba) is the dream.
My response:
Gundogan and Pogba. And we have that 3rd player in Dihno. That said, if you really want a player like that, Idrissa Gueye is the better buy

It seems you called it too.

I am enclined to agree, but that's only because my conventional brain has been conditioned to accept round pegs in round holes?

Conte deserves a lot of credit somehow taking Victor Moses and turning him in to a wing back.

Our pressing from the front would be insane, and effectively add to the midfield?

When I look at the line-up I posted, you could argue....there are a lot more fits than I first assumed, in terms of Pep making the formation work?

OTAMENDI - FECK KNOWS
STONES - PIQUE
BONUCCI - PUYOL
STERLING - DANI ALVES
SANE - JORDI ALBA
SILVA - INIESTA
DE BRUYNE - BUSQUETS (I KNOW, A STRETCH)
SANCHEZ - MESSI
MBAPPE - SUAREZ
JESUS - NEYMAR

Sane and sterling at wingback feels like a massive waste to me. Reeks of playing our best 11 players rather than our best team.

I am enclined to agree, but that's only because my conventional brain has been conditioned to accept round pegs in round holes?

Conte deserves a lot of credit somehow taking Victor Moses and turning him in to a wing back.

Our pressing from the front would be insane, and effectively add to the midfield?

When I look at the line-up I posted, you could argue....there are a lot more fits than I first assumed, in terms of Pep making the formation work?

OTAMENDI - FECK KNOWS
STONES - PIQUE
BONUCCI - PUYOL
STERLING - DANI ALVES
SANE - JORDI ALBA
SILVA - INIESTA
DE BRUYNE - BUSQUETS (I KNOW, A STRETCH)
SANCHEZ - MESSI
MBAPPE - SUAREZ
JESUS - NEYMAR
I'd say Otamendi is more Puyol than say Bonucci. Who like John will be more Pique :)

Pep constantly refers to those two as "strikers" in his press conferences, so I'd disagree with you there.

There seems to be a misconception that we played Sterling and Sané as wingbacks arlier in the season just because we played 3 at the back, but Guardiola himself said that wasn't the case when asked about it (and seemed confused that someone would even think that) ...they were just wingers in a formation without fullbacks.
whatever that formation was will probably be our best bet if He gets both Sanchez and Mbappe.

whatever that formation was will probably be our best bet if He gets both Sanchez and Mbappe.

I disagree, it's still only playing 3 of the 5.

I really just think he's gotten used to having incredible depth, and he wants 1 or 2 game changers on the bench. He's not going to try and fit them all into one formation, IMO. I may be proven wrong, but Pep enjoys control too much to play 4 forwards like that.

__________________Ederson______________

Maffeo_____Kompany______Otamendi____Fernandinho

__Sanchez___________Silva____________KDB___

Mbappe___________Aguero_________Jesus
Not a chance of Mbappa-Jesus & Aguero.

Sergio is going & everyone needs to get used to it unless Mbappa decides different!!!

Jesus
Sane-Mbappa
Sanchez-Silva-KDB
Gundagun
Mendy-Bonuchi-Stones
Ederson

Have we been linked with Eric Dier?

He fits the bill perfectly:
>Young (23)
>English
>Defensive Midfielder with among the most interceptions, tackles, arial-duels in the league- his Defensive game is solid
>Has a great passing range for a defensive midfielder.

Our midfield needs a bit of steel, we need a tackling midfielder who can not only break up the oppositions play and win back possession, but who can distribute the ball as well. On top of that he's English and young, as stated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.